Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

Dear RNGesus,

You were great to me last year: not only did you grant me the RNG needed to win, but you allowed me to beat Pete to do it.

I'm not asking for much, but I'd be honored if you RNGifted me another win against Pete this week. This is pretty much my S26 Taco Bowl, so, coming away from it with a victory would be huge.

Oh, and remember Tannehill? He was great to Pete during his time on his team, just to have Pete dump him for a younger, newer model. Tannehill didn't deserve that, and nothing would be sweeter for Tannehill than putting up the game of his NSFLife this week.

I put the sliders in your RNGlorious hands.

In RNGesus' name we pray: almonds.

19 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Dear RNGesus,

You were great to me last year: not only did you grant me the RNG needed to win, but you allowed me to beat Pete to do it.

I'm not asking for much, but I'd be honored if you RNGifted me another win against Pete this week. This is pretty much my S26 Taco Bowl, so, coming away from it with a victory would be huge.

Oh, and remember Tannehill? He was great to Pete during his time on his team, just to have Pete dump him for a younger, newer model. Tannehill didn't deserve that, and nothing would be sweeter for Tannehill than putting up the game of his NSFLife this week.

I put the sliders in your RNGlorious hands.

In RNGesus' name we pray: almonds.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952p5vqthlrhu95kpt3s

So @Malfatron, can you ask ChatGPS what do you think I should do? My sliders have remained the same since the start, and I just got blown out by 2421. Yet it's also helped my team reach 9-3 and had a strong start, althought that's been typical of my teams in the past who lacked post-season success.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So @Malfatron, can you ask ChatGPS what do you think I should do? My sliders have remained the same since the start, and I just got blown out by 2421. Yet it's also helped my team reach 9-3 and had a strong start, althought that's been typical of my teams in the past who lacked post-season success.

Will do. I will feed your players and coaches in and the slider descriptions and report back

• Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

HYC.gif

Here you go

Certainly, based on the roster you provided, here are my slider suggestions and the reasoning behind each choice:

1. Run Chance: 45 - This balanced value allows your team to run and pass with equal frequency, taking advantage of both strong running backs and talented wide receivers.

2. RB1 Chance: 60 - This value gives your top running back, Nick Chubb, a significant number of carries while accounting for potential fatigue later in the game.

3. Field Goal Try: 40 - This setting positions your team to attempt field goals from reasonable distances, considering the strength of your kicker and the potential to score points.

4. Offensive Aggression: 65 - A slightly more aggressive offense can capitalize on the explosive playmakers in your wide receiver and running back positions, without excessively increasing the risk of turnovers.

5. Defensive Aggression: 55 - A balanced approach ensures your defense can create big plays while minimizing the chances of giving up significant yardage.

6. Run Defense Priority: 55 - A moderately balanced value allows your defense to adapt to both run and pass situations, taking advantage of your versatile defensive lineup.

Remember, these suggestions aim for a balanced and strategic gameplay experience, maximizing your roster's strengths while minimizing excessive risks. Feel free to adjust these values based on your preferred playstyle or specific game situations.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

@TheKillerNacho Week 13 slider changes:

Old:
Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 38, RB1 Chance: 80, Field Goal Try: 38, Offensive Ag: 61, Defensive Ag: 60, Run D Priority: 51

New:

Coaching Strategy - Run Chance: 45, RB1 Chance: 60, Field Goal Try: 40, Offensive Ag: 65, Defensive Ag: 55, Run D Priority: 55

Thanks Nacho and @Malfatron

I think you're lucky that these missed the deadline for Week 13: in my opinion, taking the ball out of Mahomes' hands is nonsensical. Yes, Chubb is great, and, yes, he seems to protect the ball, but Mahomes is still the most valuable piece in that offense. The sim refuses to go all-in one way or another, so Chubb still has his place, but Mahomes is easily the most valuable asset in this league (aside from Tucker), and you've surrounded that asset with elite weapons.

TL;DR: AI is wrong here.