Madden sux

Ty21

So they touted their new relocation system but it sounds like it’s only as deep as saying you’re in new different cities. The team names like Black Knights and stuff are all the same. New set of jerseys seems to be the only change for it 

19 hours ago, 43M said:

Literally nothing there sounds any different than any other year.    A bunch of fluffy talk to make it sound like huge gameplay improvements.   Some semi promising but likely poorly implemented new features that will probably add very little to the game....and pretty much all the same garbage that has made Madden mediocre since M13.

Oh, and yet another pre rendered trailer.

Laughable for a supposed "make or break" year.

Please "break".   Only chance we ever get any real changes.

The biggest change EA Sports makes to Madden is completely revamping the menu screens/soundtracks every year to give you an illusion it is a different game.

Ive always envisioned a cool feature for Madden to actually shake things up would be to change how passes are caught. Instead of just pressing a button, the game should go into a slow-mo on contested catches and have a button combo for you to hit--sorta like guitar hero but only a 5-6 button combo. Depending on the WRs stats the combo can be easier or harder to hit.

21 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The biggest change EA Sports makes to Madden is completely revamping the menu screens/soundtracks every year to give you an illusion it is a different game.

Ive always envisioned a cool feature for Madden to actually shake things up would be to change how passes are caught. Instead of just pressing a button, the game should go into a slow-mo on contested catches and have a button combo for you to hit--sorta like guitar hero but only a 5-6 button combo. Depending on the WRs stats the combo can be easier or harder to hit.

QTE’s are the worst, my brother in Christ 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, Ty21 said:

So they touted their new relocation system but it sounds like it’s only as deep as saying you’re in new different cities. The team names like Black Knights and stuff are all the same. New set of jerseys seems to be the only change for it 

You expected more?

In fairness to EA, I am relatively certain the NFL has a heavy hand in why the create a team/relocation feature is as pathetic as it is.

As much as I hate EA, the NFL is every bit as responsible for the state of Madden, if for no other reason than they keep letting it happen.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 3:24 PM, showtime said:

I heard this will have cross play. it's about damn time. Hopefully NBA 2K24 also has cross play. That's the last sports game that doesn't have it.

It appears cross play won’t be available on franchise mode from the jump but they are going to be working on getting it available for that mode eventually. 

13 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

It appears cross play won’t be available on franchise mode from the jump but they are going to be working on getting it available for that mode eventually. 

Sometimes I forget that people actually play Madden multiplayer online. I haven't played it in 15 years. 

I read your message and thought to myself why else would they even have crossplay other than franchise..

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Sometimes I forget that people actually play Madden multiplayer online. I haven't played it in 15 years. 

I read your message and thought to myself why else would they even have crossplay other than franchise..

I never played multiplayer online just based on all the complaints I heard from people over the years

54 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I never played multiplayer online just based on all the complaints I heard from people over the years

There are not many worse online experiences than Madden lol. People run 4 plays and you're lucky if it doesnt lag. I broke some controllers when I was younger playing it. The best is when you try to throw before you get sacked but because of the delay you don't get the ball out

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

The only way I play the game is online. I have no clue how people play against AI all the time. Doesn't that get boring?

Also, cross play not being in online franchise mode at the start is a massive L. They put out a new exciting feature and can't even implement it right at launch. Holy hell.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

The only way I play the game is online. I have no clue how people play against AI all the time. Doesn't that get boring?

Also, cross play not being in online franchise mode at the start is a massive L. They put out a new exciting feature and can't even implement it right at launch. Holy hell.

You can adjust the sliders to increase/decrease the difficulty. But I tend to like to set high standards for my team regarding stats. The games allows you to select goals to achieve for each game to get staff points. So I usually go for the ones that give the most points. Win by 17+ points, 400 yards of offense, allow 10 points or less and record 5 sacks. 

The down side is that by the time you reach year 7, you’ll have fully upgraded each staff member so even if one of your coordinators’ contracts expires you get back some staff points and you can spend all those on the coordinator you just hired and have a lot of points leftover. 

Eric Rayweather from YouTube posted a video earlier that EA released some dates for info that’ll be released for Madden 24. 

closed beta is currently going on 

June 21 - Gameplay deep dive

June 29 - Franchise deep dive 

Early Aug - MUT deep dive; Superstar League (formerly Face of the Franchise), and Superstar Challenge (formerly The Yard) deep dives 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Eric Rayweather from YouTube posted a video earlier that EA released some dates for info that’ll be released for Madden 24. 

closed beta is currently going on 

June 21 - Gameplay deep dive

June 29 - Franchise deep dive 

Early Aug - MUT deep dive; Superstar League (formerly Face of the Franchise), and Superstar Challenge (formerly The Yard) deep dives 

Last year when they showed that game play video, one of the first things I noticed is how defenders still don't appropriately cover zones and offensive linemen still don't actually block people rushing the QB.

It's crazy to me that they select footage with glaring issues like that as a way to showcase the game 💀

• Like 3

5 hours ago, showtime said:

Yeah, I'll admit.  I get my money's worth with Madden by playing online.  It isn't perfect but just an easy way to relax (for me anyway) and listen to music in the background.  And beating cheesers is so satisfying every time.

I do love a good franchise mode but Madden is missing so much that I don't see myself bothering.