2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Losing Fuller with the cap space that the Bears have is really not acceptable.

But not tagging him does not mean you are losing him. Multiple beat guys have said that this is not an Alshon situation.

At the same time, the deal has to be fair.

I also have to wonder what the internal evaluation of Fuller is like. Solid 2017 after a 2015 when he lost his job and a 2016 when his commitment was heavily questioned. Fangio said some pretty damning things about him in December of 2016. So which Kyle Fuller are they trying to pay?

5 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I also have to wonder what the internal evaluation of Fuller is like. Solid 2017 after a 2015 when he lost his job and a 2016 when his commitment was heavily questioned. Fangio said some pretty damning things about him in December of 2016. So which Kyle Fuller are they trying to pay?

That's the rub and it's why I'm glad he isn't getting tagged at roughly $15 million.

I don't think he's going to get AJ Boyue or Stephon Gilmore money, so my hope is he finds something around $10-11 million per season and we match.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not like Wilkerson in GB unless he plans on destroying their locker room.

I'm guessing he likes the color green. 

3 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I read a while back about how he and Fangio really bonded over the past year though after the 2016 stuff. Played golf a lot and what not. Then after that Fuller responded with unquestionably his best season and Fangio was retained. Dots connect there.

I’d like the transition tag at minimum if nothing else but if he’s sincere in wanting to be here then it’s a big time gesture that we’d give him a true shot at gauging his market value - one that will resonate with the locker room and other potential FA as well. That has legit value too.. If Fuller were to screw us over after that then are a lot of good options this year in FA in or around that Amukamara tier of player where we could get a solid even if short term replacement. It was different with Alshon in that there weren’t really any comparable reasonable alternatives to him in FA. With Fuller there definitely are, both in FA and the draft. 

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I read a while back about how he and Fangio really bonded over the past year though after the 2016 stuff. Played golf a lot and what not. Then after that Fuller responded with unquestionably his best season and Fangio was retained. Dots connect there.

I’d like the transition tag at minimum if nothing else but if he’s sincere in wanting to be here then it’s a big time gesture that we’d give him a true shot at gauging his market value - one that will resonate with the locker room and other potential FA as well. That has legit value too.. If Fuller were to screw us over after that then are a lot of good options this year in FA in or around that Amukamara tier of player where we could get a solid even if short term replacement. It was different with Alshon in that there weren’t really any comparable reasonable alternatives to him in FA. With Fuller there definitely are, both in FA and the draft. 

Bingo.

And as someone that loved Alshon even before he was a Bear, if you told me we'd lose him in FA but replace him with Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson, I would probably smile.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I do not like Wilkerson in GB unless he plans on destroying their locker room.

There's no doubt that Wilkerson is a nice talent but there are lots of questions about his commitment and work ethic.  For a guy who already received a lot of guaranteed money from the Jets I'm not concerned he's going to suddenly change his ways.

As a Bears fan I'm more concerned about the Vikings possibly landing Cousins.  I would rather continue to see them struggle to find a starter between Bradford, Keenum and Bridgewater.

Reading comments on Lemming post on twitter about how if they let Fuller go, they don`t know what they are doing LOL

This is one of the best FA and draft years at CB position and you can find good players for less money as tagging would cost.

Trumaine Johnson, EJ Gaines, Malcolm Butler, Breshaud Breeland, Aaron Colvin, Ross Cockrell etc. Lots of young talent is there... 

Kyle played great last season, he and Hicks were best players on the team and I believe that he will be back for around 10 mil per year. And that is ok.

Forget the D, Fangio`s D played solid to good without best players all the time. Bears have problem on the offensive side. That must be Pace's and Nagy's priority. If u can add some talent to D, take the shot, but they need better O.

43 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bingo.

And as someone that loved Alshon even before he was a Bear, if you told me we'd lose him in FA but replace him with Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson, I would probably smile.

If you have Fuller's word and you trust that you will get a chance to counter then there is no need to transition tag him.

Archived