2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

29 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Gotta take Moon with a grain of salt after he ran with that Howard-Landry swap last weekend.

Apparently that was a legit rumor from Miami's side. He got used. I am not sure it effects my feelings on his credibility, long term.

31 minutes ago, G08 said:

Man I hope my Sammy Watkins fantasy isn't a pipe dream :(

They have a 4 year window of cheap Trubisky to go after it in free agency.

If they do not that is a mistake. Look at what the Rams and Eagles are doing while they have cheap QB play.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They have a 4 year window of cheap Trubisky to go after it in free agency.

If they do not that is a mistake. Look at what the Rams and Eagles are doing while they have cheap QB play.

I completely agree, I just wish I could get into Pace's office when Nagy and he are in there discussing what they want to do.

Nagy loves Wilson apparently, but how does he want to use him? Similarly to how he was used in KC? Only in the slot? Does he envision him in that Tyreek Hill role?

I can't imagine they are trusting Meredith and White to be our WR1 and WR2, so that means we need to be targeting someone else... but who? Are we looking for a WR2?

I'm a broken record here but to me, shelling out $25 million ($20 million after you cut Markus Wheaton) to get Sammy Watkins/Cameron Meredith/Albert Wilson under contract for 2018 is a home run.

What if they prefer Allen Robinson (can they really have WR1 and WR2 both coming off serious knee injuries while Kevin White still looms?). That could be career suicide for Mr. Pace.

Michael Floyd? Pass.

Voldemort Landry? Pass.

Marqise Lee? Maybe... but that dude is not a WR1

Jordan Matthews? Again, not a WR1

Donte Moncrief? Buy low and not a WR1

Terrelle Pryor? Eh.. I can see the logic but he's not a WR1 is he?

Paul Richardson? I could see it I guess, I don't love it

Mike Wallace? Will be 32 before the season starts

Sammy Watkins immediately is the most explosive WR the Bears have had since maybe Curtis Conway and vaults to WR1.

You can motion him to the backfield in shotgun and hand him the ball or have him run routes from there (I've seen Tyreek Hill do both in KC under Nagy)

You can put him in motion and give him the ball on jet sweeps (I've seen Hill do this as well)

You can put him at X and he has the speed/strength to beat press and get deep

He can dictate safety coverage over the top which will open things up underneath for Shaheen/Wilson/Meredith/White

If you play off him Trubisky can check to a smoke route, give him the ball in space and let him use his speed/strength to carry the ball like a RB

You can utilize him in the blocking game in other WR screens or runs to Howard/Cohen (dude crushes people when he has them squared up)

This guy should be Nagy's wet dream if he truly wants to get exotic on offense. Get it done damnit!

Sammy Watkins - 24

Cameron Meredith - 25

Albert Wilson - 25

Kevin White - 25

Adam Shaheen - 23

Tarik Cohen - 22

Jordan Howard - 23

Mitch Trubisky - 23

I need a moist towel.

Mike Evans signs a 5-year, $82.5 million extension with $55 million guaranteed.

16.5 per year average is the ceiling for his production:

579 targets, 309 rec, 4579 yds, 14.8 avg, 32 TDs

Landry:
570 targets, 438 rec, 4038 yds, 10.1 avg, 22 TDs

Robinson:
384 targets, 202 rec, 2848 yds, 14.1 avg, 22 TDs

Watkins:
346 targets, 192 rec, 3052 yds, 15.9 yds, 25 TDs

Archived