2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My biggest issue is Dame waiting until after free agency started to say he wants out. Securing the bag for his buddy and then jet setting just doesn't sit right with me lol.

It's the combo of all these things. I generally like Dame and am cool with him ending up in Miami. The way he has gone about things in the last year though points to the whole loyalty thing being kind of bull****.

• Like 1

I'll say this, for as much **** as we give each other here and the back and forths we get on, I'll take this place and the reasonable takes over the **** I read on RealGM. Holy hell, it's Twitter in forum form lmao. At least you guys actually know basketball and don't just treat it like it's NBA 2K.

There are Bucks fans that think Dillon Brooks and Christian Wood should've been the focus and not bringing back Brook Lopez and they are throwing straight up FITS lol. I'm just at a loss for words right now.

10 hours ago, General Tso said:

>Calls Portland loser for putting garbage roster around Dame

>Doesn't approve of Portland trying to retain talent

??

The way to try to retain talent probably isn't drafting their replacement with the best asset you have to build around them. 

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

The way to try to retain talent probably isn't drafting their replacement with the best asset you have to build around them. 

Scoot could've still been traded after the fact, you just take him on the night and figure it out after. They resigned Grant before Dame requested a trade, so they were clearly moving towards trying to build around Dame.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

There are Bucks fans that think Dillon Brooks and Christian Wood should've been the focus and not bringing back Brook Lopez and they are throwing straight up FITS lol. I'm just at a loss for words right now.

I think the Bucks should put four Dillon Brookses around Giannis. I'd love that spacing. 😉

Also, if I'm Portland, I'm telling Miami they need to take Nurkic too. They can't offer enough value for Lillard straight up, but if they take on Nurkic as well then that alleviates some of that loss.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Scoot could've still been traded after the fact, you just take him on the night and figure it out after. They resigned Grant before Dame requested a trade, so they were clearly moving towards trying to build around Dame.

And how long does that leash last? It's been a week and a half and it's pretty clear they aren't looking to move him. Dame can't wait around for a rebuild and they aren't competing with their current roster. Also, not sure why everyone has an issue with him choosing Miami. He clearly doesn't want to leave Portland for just anywhere, but has ties to the Heat.