2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Only team to beat Denver more than once. And CP3 missed 4 gms. And they were playing lineups that literally never played a minute together prior to the Denver series. 

Still... Investing 150m into 3 players who essentially do the same thing while not fixing your defense won't do much. And then of course bench depth being an issue. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I dont think defense will be an issue in Phoenix.  They hired Vogel.  My main issue will be depth and starting PG.  

I think they’re gonna use Beal as the PG. I don’t like the fit for Phoenix at all. He is redundant with what they have. I think the biggest issue with Phoenix was depth. That just decreased for them. 

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Only team to beat Denver more than once. And CP3 missed 4 gms. And they were playing lineups that literally never played a minute together prior to the Denver series. 

Playing faster w/ Booker as the primary ball handler clearly took Suns offense to a different level in that series. In the little “what if” of a healthy CP3, I’d argue a 4-0 sweep is more likely than outcome of series changing.

• Like 1

The Wizards gave Beal away. They literally should’ve done this last season and maybe they would’ve increased their odds to get Weby. But the Suns only real asset that they would’ve traded was Ayton and the Wizards didn’t even get him. They got an old injury prone PG in CP3, a role player in Shamet, some 2nd round picks which are hit or miss mostly miss and swaps which again hit or miss mostly will be miss with this franchise.

The Suns now better at least get to the Finals if not flat out win it. No excuses. Yes they lack depth still. Yes Beal and KD are injury prone. Yes Ayton acts like he don’t want to be there (although with no CP3 and new coach maybe he buys in now). Still no excuses. Get it done KD with your latest super team. 

CP would be smart to accept where he is at in his career and come off the bench and limit his playing time. Which would hopefully allow him to be available more later in the playoffs. Also think if he’s willing to do that he has a better chance at landing with a better team 

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I dont think defense will be an issue in Phoenix.  They hired Vogel.  My main issue will be depth and starting PG.  

I think they’re gonna use Beal as the PG. I don’t like the fit for Phoenix at all. He’s insanely redundant with what they already have. Their issue is depth, which just declined.