2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

According to reports, other teams valued Stewart 12-14. It's only 3 years + 1, it's not egregious and the hope is he gets better as a 3pt shooter.

i know that he's been asked to play three different roles in three years and he didn't have real offseasons his first two years, but he needs to become a lot more than just a good 3pt shooter to be an actual starter level player

i genuinely would've rather waited, watched him shoot 40% from 3 and develop all those other things and been forced to pay him $25m a year than be stuck with troy's flag planted in him (WHOA) as a foundational player

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Rg4Kgs5.jpg

Lillard is a clown.

Still don't get why people clown him for this. Selecting only Miami is fair I guess (although they were apparently a "fluke" before all these rumors and now are a "superteam"), but he didn't run from the grind for 11 years. You can't just pretend that it's eventually going to lead to a title there and that he needs to keep "toughing it out". Continuing that mentality would most likely never lead him to a championship and that's what his main goal is. It's not like he didn't give it his all there, but it's just not in the cards. It's just being realistic. 

16 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Love their core, except Dort. I don't get why people are enamored with him.

I don't love Dort but he fits the roll they need him to.  He is a solid defensive wing who can score and doesn't require the ball.  Every team has a weaker link in their starting 5 and he is it but given the rest are scorers, he doesn't have to be.  

10 hours ago, catcheryea said:

giphy.gif

This feels like another one of those contracts we will have 2 years from now and be trying to trade like Bagley and Wiseman.  I don't think its an awful deal for a team who is winning but just seems early to overpay role players for us.