OhioG

Who throws the best pass  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who throws the best pass

• Brett Hundley
    • Deshone Kizer
    • Drunk Hornby and Kiwibrown

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

That's what I predicated we would run before we lined up.  Say what you want about Kizer, he's good for picking up 2 yards if the blocking is decent.  He's fast and physical enough, and Crow/Duke could have got it done if that was the read.  Worst case it blows up and we punt, even if it gets mostly stuffed Kizer has the ability to maybe get us in a 4th and short.

Hindsight 20/20.

the whole world knew what was coming though it was going to be a slant to Gordon. I knew it, the Packers knew it. 

It should of been set up with a pick, get Seth devlave to run into the CB or Njoku and then get Gordon to run the slant so he couldn't get jammed. 

There wasn't a good second option. After Gordon is jammed, Kizer has to go to his second read and there wasn't a good one or a natural one,  so he improvises. then he pretty much shanks a punt and the packers recover. 

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

the whole world knew what was coming though it was going to be a slant to Gordon. I knew it, the Packers knew it. 

It should of been set up with a pick, get Seth devlave to run into the CB or Njoku and then get Gordon to run the slant so he couldn't get jammed. 

There wasn't a good second option. After Gordon is jammed, Kizer has to go to his second read and there wasn't a good one or a natural one,  so he improvises. then he pretty much shanks a punt and the packers recover. 

I don't know if Hue did or didn't say anything, but in such a situation the coach needs to be in his rookie QB's ear with what to do.

"If nothing's open, throw it away or take the sack, just get to 4th down and we'll punt".

8 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

If Hue played the entire second half trying to score points then it's a different story. He didn't, though. Once we scored the touchdown to put us up two scores, he was playing the clock the rest of the half, up until the critical play call where he really could have made things hard for the Packers. He gifted them a clock stoppage while allowing them to keep their time out. They ended up with just enough time to score the tying touchdown because of the decision.

There are like three contradictory points in this message but ill just go for one, throwing a quick slant which was dropped by Njoku wasn't playing clock, which one do you want? He completes the pass, its a savvy move by Hue to keep the clock running, Njoku drops the accurate ball and Hue's a fool for taking a chance.

You guys gotta excuse me, I'm just a little extra salty....

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't know if Hue did or didn't say anything, but in such a situation the coach needs to be in his rookie QB's ear with what to do.

"If nothing's open, throw it away or take the sack, just get to 4th down and we'll punt".

True, Gordon could have used all of that size and muscle to get off a press too, his effort wasn't much to write home about, and after he went to the other reads, it looked like no one else tried to get open, plus I didn't see any check downs out of the backfield. Kizer looked ill prepared for the situation that happened.

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

True, Gordon could have used all of that size and muscle to get off a press too, his effort wasn't much to write home about, and after he went to the other reads, it looked like no one else tried to get open, plus I didn't see any check downs out of the backfield. Kizer looked ill prepared for the situation that happened.

Getting in game shape after 4 years of partying may take more than a couple weeks too, especially with Hue's downfield passing approach.

This isn't the first time Kizer has forced a throw though, he should know better by now.

I know that he's played out of position all year, but thus far, I'm completely underwhelmed by Peppers. Granted, the learning curve for rookie safeties are arguably the steepest in the entire league, but Kai and Kindred right now are already better. That's a tough pill to swallow for a first rounder.

I still believe that Peppers is an extremely valuable hybrid box player in the right scheme and on a contender, but I don't think that the Browns can/could afford the time/luxury of drafting one in the first round.

New England, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina, and Atlanta, on the other hand, would have been ideal for him and provided adequate value.

I haven't given up on him by a long shot but merely stating concern.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I know that he's played out of position all year, but thus far, I'm completely underwhelmed by Peppers. Granted, the learning curve for rookie safeties are arguably the steepest in the entire league, but Kai and Kindred right now are already better. That's a tough pill to swallow for a first rounder.

I still believe that Peppers is an extremely valuable hybrid box player in the right scheme and on a contender, but I don't think that the Browns can/could afford the time/luxury of drafting one in the first round.

New England, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina, and Atlanta, on the other hand, would have been ideal for him and provided adequate value.

This dude has lost all of his swagger, and spunk and its a shame.

I think if we play him in the role you mention, he'll have good value for us. I don't know that he was ever the sort of player that merited a first round pick. But I don't think he'll be a total waste. We just need to have him do what he's actually good at. It's what the Pats would do. They actually look for specific skills in players and concentrate their role as much as they can to doing those things, and not having to do the things they're not good at.

We seem to just draft the guy for the base position and expect him to play it, regardless of what he does well and not well within that position.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

This dude has lost all of his swagger, and spunk and its a shame.

Peppers was set up for failure. Let's take a solid box guy, put him 35 yards off of the LOS, neutralize ALL of his strengths, and put him in a single high safety position where he plays "prevent centerfielder" the entire game. It's ridiculous. I feel bad for the kid honestly. 

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If he's a great pick for a good team he should be a great pick for us.

Maybe Gregg needs to be a little more imaginative with his scheme designs other than "NO, KEEP GOING.....FARTHER"

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he's a great pick for a good team he should be a great pick for us.

Maybe Gregg needs to be a little more imaginative with his scheme designs other than "NO, KEEP GOING.....FARTHER"

Like I said in the post above, I think that he's utilized very poorly. You take away all of his best traits, like hard hitting, fumbles forced, blitzing, and run support and then utilize him where he was criticized the most in college...ball hawking (lack thereof), pass coverage, and open field tackling (just look at Curtis Samuel's overtime run last year). It's ridiculous and I feel bad for him.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Like I said in the post above, I think that he's utilized very poorly. You take away all of his best traits, like hard hitting, fumbles forced, blitzing, and run support and then utilize him where he was criticized the most in college...ball hawking (lack thereof), pass coverage, and open field tackling (just look at Curtis Samuel's overtime run last year). It's ridiculous and I feel bad for him.

Agreed.

It's almost like the coaches were thumbing their noses at Sashi or something, it makes no sense at all.

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

It's almost like the coaches were thumbing their noses at Sashi or something, it makes no sense at all.

As time goes on, I feel like that may be the case. It looks like they didn't want that guy and wanted Hooker, hell, I wanted Hooker but this is no way to treat a guy and honestly I couldn't blame him for having ill will towards Cleveland.

Archived