NPF to be suspended first six games of the season

titans0021

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Then we need a RG.

The presumed starting lineup from left to right is Dillard, Skoronski, Brewer, Brunskill, NPF.  With NPF out, there has to be a reshuffling somehow, but the best option is probably going to depend on where the best player is behind those five, and where they fit.

Fair, but I'd rather have a weaker player at guard than at tackle. 

Jamarco Jones possibly at RG? 

5 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Fair, but I'd rather have a weaker player at guard than at tackle. 

Jamarco Jones possibly at RG? 

If I had to guess, one of Jamarco Jones or Jaelyn Duncan is entering the lineup.  If the Titans are smart, they'll do as little reshuffling as possible so the positions that aren't affected will be able to gel and get used to playing where they are.  That's important in an OL.  What they really should avoid is having to move like three guys to new positions once that suspension is over.

Ideally, either Jamarco Jones or Jaelyn Duncan plays well enough at RT to plug in for six games.  Moving Skoronski is probably the next best option, but they seem to prefer him as a guard, and moving him to the right side, only to flip him to the left and then move him inside would not be the best for his development.  But if Jones is a better guard than he is a RT, and by a large margin, that may be what has to happen.

I really don't think the likelihood of anything else is particularly likely, but we'll see.

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

unless jason houghtaling is some kind of miracle worker, starting jaelyn duncan at tackle from day one is going to produce near-dennis daley results.

Oh yeah, I was very low on Duncan, but he is athletic, and I'm not discounting the fact that a rookie could come in and improve quickly enough to win a temp spot.  I don't expect it to happen at all, but it is at least within the realm of possibility.

Overwhelmingly, IMO, the most likely result is Jones starting at RT.  Secondarily would be Jones at LG and Skoronski sliding to RT.  Duncan at RT is just the other possibility.  I don't see anything else as realistic with the players currently on the roster.  Moving like three guys to different positions only to shift them back after the bye just seems like a really, really bad idea.

17 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

Every time we download an app on our phones we are letting more and more people see our stuff lol

Apparently the wifi is a give away as to location 

Yeah I've thought about it. 

I'm guessing they can ping the location, since it's required to use the app and you have to use your real name and stuff. So I'm sure they have a league of people who search the names and locations if it it comes close they look into it. 

Just wondering was he in the parking lot, the locker room,..lol

I actually talked to someone that said some TV personalities or athletes can't bet in a radius of certain locations. You can be driving by a hot zone  place a bet and be dinged. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well actually Duncan is no worse than NPF last year so at worst we can play him there for 6 games and get some experience.  Based on some depth charts I saw Skor might be moving to RT and might need to stay there.  Then we have NPF move to OG as well as Duncan in the mix.  We DO NOT need to sign some scrub like Fant.  NPF might be better at OG anyway but could still back up in a pinch.  Duncan was the #2 RT before NPF messed up and is a similar player coming out to NPF.  

On 6/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, Scoundrel said:

You can. You just can’t do it at an nfl associated work place 

This is such a hypocritical joke by the NFL when they are making Millions plus from betting houses …..

• Like 1