Mascot Mafia Sign Up and Thread

bcb1213

11 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, we're voting against our un-countered CCed detective? Yeah, that makes sense.

It does if we don’t have a detective. He’s already said civs don’t have 3 investigative roles... however, IF he and whicker are to be believed, I can confirm that we do have 3 investigative roles.

But I tend to I agree with him that 3 would be unbalanced, and I think he’s the one who made it up, not whicker

4 hours ago, NS922 said:

I'm not on the Mathman lynch bandwagon just yet. We can't risk taking out the detective so soon.

2 hours ago, NS922 said:

I believe Malf is the detective like he says. Anyone who votes for him will be on my mafia list.

The "two more nights" thing is suspicious, but I feel he said that more out of desperation than out of manipulation.

What changed between these two posts?

3 hours ago, MathMan said:

i think he was online at night, so thats a plus in the civ direction

Is it?

I could be going a little bit too much off Bcb's last game, but up until today I've thought that everyone in this game had a power. My assumption is that we all have different characters and the deaths so far seem to support that theory. My understanding is that vanilla roles usually all have the same name. Neither Mission nor KSJ flipped anywhere close to "generic mascot" so I didn't see any reason to assume differently. Part of the reason I tracked Ted was because I was 100% certain he'd put in a move if he had one, and coming up as having gone nowhere is an interesting result.

Another thing that's possible is that I was roleblocked. I read the tracker entry on the mafiascum wiki and it says that sometimes, when roleblocked, the tracker will receive a "having gone nowhere" result rather than "no result." I do think the roleblocker would have likely gone for Malf though so if I was roleblocked that looks pretty bad for him.

Just now, Whicker said:

I interpreted the "just yet" as "I could see lynching him but I'd like to see more"

You can never be too sure. The points raised against him make sense, but I do believe he is the detective so I'll have to see much harder evidence to change my opinion. Malf knows better ways to scheme himself out of a bad situation than to lie about a role.

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Why me out of of curiosity?

Anyway going to bed. Since I don't think Sanchez is gonna get lynched, I'll go with Utley

Call it a hunch. From our time together in BDL, I think we're pretty like-minded. We are both conservative in the number of posts we make and the conversations we enter into, but when we do post, it tends to be high quality with good explanations. We also seem to vote similarly (in BDL) and look at similar things.

I got the same vibes from you when we played Lumberjack mafia. You were reserved for the most part but the posts you did make were really eager and pretty descriptive. I played the same way in my first game. Then, in this game, you're a lot less eager and your contributions have mainly to do with obvious observations such as "maybe they targeted [malf] or Whicker and got blocked" or have to do with the mechanics of the game such as speculation on why NHL could be mafia. This is exactly how I played as mafia in Horror Movie mafia, grabbing all the low hanging fruit and skating by.

I still think it's very possible you're mafia tbh. In Horror Movie mafia, Mookie had invincibility and two one-shot abilities where he wouldn't visit anyone. Until KSJ died, it would have been impossible for a tracker to catch him. Unless there really are a bunch of vanilla civs I find it just as likely that going nowhere is a sign of mafia as it is town.

Archived