Most haunting losses for iconic QBs???

TecmoSuperJoe

The nfc title games in 2007/2009 were way worse for Favre then that superbowl.

What’s interesting tho is if they beat the giants I think they get rolled by NE in that Super Bowl. 

Edited by CP3MVP

I was thinking the 2007 NFC title game for Favre too, because that definitely "feels" like a worst loss for Favre alone, if we're just talking about his legacy. Maybe now that I think of it, SB32 was a worse loss for the Packers franchise more than it was for Favre. Don't think they beat the Patriots if they advance, but that would have been maybe the most watched SB of all time. 

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes if he had 3 rings, that catapults Ben into a top 10 QB of all time chatter for a lot of people. 

also helps the HOF cases for guys like Harrison and Ward. that lose didn't hurt that much, but it kinda stings when thinking about what a win could of done for the legacy of the steelers from that era.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Really??? Dan was way over the hill at that point. You don't think his loss in SB19 ranks 1st for him be a landslide??? 

I believe the 1985 loss vs pats was the worst for Marino. I think that's the only time Marino lost in the playoffs as a heavy favorite (except for his rookie season in 1983) and he didn't play well in that game, although that was not the only reason why they lost since the dolphins couldn't stop the run(their run defense was always a problem for the dolphins in the Marino era) but still a bad loss for him.Against the 49ers in 1984, the 49ers were way more balanced.

The 1992 AFC title game vs Bills is likely second for Marino

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Really??? Dan was way over the hill at that point. You don't think his loss in SB19 ranks 1st for him be a landslide??? 

Almost. It was to a powerhouse Montana-Walsh team. In hindsight it seems ridiculous the idea SF would lose that game.

Peyton Manning is either the 04 divisional game or the 2013 Super Bowl. Both times he broke the record for TD's in a single season, was considered to have had one of the greatest QB seasons ever (probably would be regarded as such if he won a SB that year) and then laid a total egg basically getting shut out in what was the most anticipated playoff matchup of the year by far. I'll probably lean towards 2013 just because people were starting to warm up to the idea of letting the whole post season choker thing go and that performance reinforced it.

For Montana it's obviously the playoff game he go pulled for Steve Young against the Vikings. Montana led them to 20-3 deficit, Young came in and scored 21 points, but it was too late at that point. 

Brady is obviously the 07 SuperBowl. Shot at history denied and he didn't play all that well despite an incredible season. For that matter I'd argue in the same season the Giants gave Favre his most haunting loss ending an incredible second wind with a big late game interception.

Rodgers is either the 14 or 20 NFCCG. Both times the team was primed to make a Super Bowl run and he made mistakes that made it just out of reach.