Top 10 Head Coaches going into 2023 season

AnAngryAmerican

I cant in all honesty say Belichick is a top 10 coach without Brady. So with that said this is my top 10:

1 Andy Reid - He was a great coach in Philly and I think he is an even better coach in KC.

2 Sean McVay - It literally took an insane amount of injuries to everyone outside of Ramsey and Wagner last season plus off the field personal issues with McVay himself for the Rams to have their first losing season under McVay. Reasonable health and McVay having his personal issues not a issue this season the Rams are right there in the playoff race again and this team was supposed to be horrible by many people standards coming into the season. 

3 Mike Tomlin - He hasnt had a losing season with the Steelers. This team is being held back on offense by the OC Matt Canada and still they just find ways to win games. At this point I dont think anyone will be shocked if the Steelers win the division or get one of the wildcard spots bc of Tomlin.

4. Pete Carroll - I have to give him his props. It wasnt him it was Russ. Russ is not the same without Carroll. Carroll is still thriving without Russ. He help revive Geno Smith career. He has made the defense good again. The Seahawks are good again. Once Russ left we all left the Seahawks for dead but they arent. Thats credit to Carroll who already accomplished alot but this is a big accomplished turning around this current Seahawks team post Russ. 

5. Doug Pederson - Had success with Philly winning a Superbowl and now having success with the Jags. Wont be surprise if he help the Jags win a Superbowl soon. I dont think he gets the credit he deserves but he is a top 5 coach right now.

6. Kyle Shanahan - I think he is more of a great offensive mind than he is coach. He need to start winning in those big games. I feel like people find more excuses why he didnt win than they do holding him accountable for the reason he didnt win. All the top 4 coaches just get the job done. So I cant put him any higher until I start to see him getting the job done.

7. John Harbaugh - He does more despite having a boat load of injuries than anyone outside of Kyle bc we know the Niners deal with tons of injuries too. The fact that last season despite being on their backup QB and a rash of injuries they almost beat the Bengals in the playoffs says alot about the coach he really is. 

8. Sean McDermott - He has completely changed the way we view the Bills since he became the head coach. The only questions I have about him is the roller coaster ride this team seem to be on from week to week. We never know what Bills team we are going to see. Will it be the Bills team that blows out any team? Will it be the Bills team that struggles if not flat out lose to a bad team? So I feel like McDermott need to keep this team more consistent but other than that I think he has made the Bills culture better since he got there.

9. Nick Sirianni - We saw what he did last season when he took the Eagles to the Superbowl. We are seeing what he is doing now. I just need to see more. A new coach coming in right away and turning things around is great. But we know the league can catch up to you at some point and then you have to pivot. See McVay in 2017 and 2018. Everyone wanted to find the next McVay based on all the success he was having. Then teams started to figure McVay out and he went into some struggles before he had to pivot. So I need to see more. I need to see when the league start to adjust to Sirianni and the Eagles team how will he adjust to continue success? But otherwise I like what I see so far.

10. Mike McDaniel - See what I said about Nick Sirianni and apply to McDaniel. I would say even more so with McDaniel bc this season is showing that they can beat up on the weaker teams but struggle against good teams. Well if you are going to go to the Superbowl and win it you will be facing good teams. You have to be able to beat them.

Edited by stl4life07

On 10/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, stl4life07 said:

10. Mike McDaniels - See what I said about Nick Sirianni and apply to McDaniels. I would say even more so with McDaniels bc this season is showing that they can beat up on the weaker teams but struggle against good teams. Well if you are going to go to the Superbowl and win it you will be facing good teams. You have to be able to beat them.

It's McDaniel. McDaniels coaches the Raiders. A good way to remember it is that the "s" stands for "sucks."

• Like 3

Ill throw on out there at least as a HM and possibly sneak into the #10 spot--mostly because it will piss off half of Browns fans, but Kevin Stefanski.

For completely different reasons than HCs being labeled as great based on the QB they are tied to. He is 31-27 with playoff appearance and win as a head coach in 4 years with a revolving door of Mayfield, Keenum, Brissett, DTR, Walker and zombie Watson as his QBs. While also maintaining on the the best rushing attacks in the NFL during that period. The 4 previous coaches were a combined 14-49-1.

Not saying hes GTD top 10 or anything, Im just not sure some of the coaches mentioned in this thread would be able to do as good as a job if you handed them the rotation of those same 6 QBs.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 10/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Ill throw on out there at least as a HM and possibly sneak into the #10 spot--mostly because it will piss off half of Browns fans, but Kevin Stefanski.

For completely different reasons than HCs being labeled as great based on the QB they are tied to. He is 31-27 with playoff appearance and win as a head coach in 4 years with a revolving door of Mayfield, Keenum, Brissett, DTR, Walker and zombie Watson as his QBs. While also maintaining on the the best rushing attacks in the NFL during that period. The 4 previous coaches were a combined 14-49-1.

Not saying hes GTD top 10 or anything, Im just not sure some of the coaches mentioned in this thread would be able to do as good as a job if you handed them the rotation of those same 6 QBs.

He’s had a very talented roster and hasn’t done much though. Like he has a monster in Myles. Has had a great Oline; great RBs and above avg WRs and they haven’t done much. Wouldn’t say top 10. He’s had more than enough time. 

• 5 weeks later...