DEN reveals new alt helmet / unis

Broncofan

Isn't it a lil cheesy to call them snow-capped? They are f***cking white helmets that are the same color as the snow. I am a Broncos fan; I am unsure if I like these. If you can do an alternative helmet 2-3 times per season, I say go all out and get weird with it. 

22 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I didn't see the all-orange thing. That's a mistake similar to the ones the Lions made with this new blue helmet. Those helmets go with orange jersey and white pants, with dark blue jersey and white, even all white, but with the all orange is the worst choice.

22 hours ago, D82 said:

I like the helmets...uni's not so much. 

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, the orange unis are IMO not likely to stick.  We only went 2 years with those hideous brown alt uni's, I expect something similar here (and goign to a white pant might be the simple solution)...the helmet looks like a winner though.

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

White helmets almost always require a white uniform and/or pant. The helmet is amazing but the all orange uniforms kills the look terribly. 

Hopefully they audible to white pants. 

Guess we’ll be seeing white pants in the next version of the alt uni’s, coming sooner than I thought.

Edited by Broncofan

21 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Isn't it a lil cheesy to call them snow-capped? They are f***cking white helmets that are the same color as the snow. I am a Broncos fan; I am unsure if I like these. If you can do an alternative helmet 2-3 times per season, I say go all out and get weird with it. 

Is this your first experience with branding?  The layman isn't terribly bright (that sound cruel, but it's realistic) so tongue-in-cheek, obvious-pun joking in branding is commonplace because, especially considering how prone people with Western culture are to gravitating toward tribalism in so many forms, people won't care if it's a "bad joke" as long as the ones delivering the joke are on "their side."

Also, anything that keeps us from having to see those eyesore 1960 Broncos throwback uniforms brought back out and used, well... that's welcome as all get out to the rest of us.

19 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Is this your first experience with branding?  The layman isn't terribly bright (that sound cruel, but it's realistic) so tongue-in-cheek, obvious-pun joking in branding is commonplace because, especially considering how prone people with Western culture are to gravitating toward tribalism in so many forms, people won't care if it's a "bad joke" as long as the ones delivering the joke are on "their side."

Also, anything that keeps us from having to see those eyesore 1960 Broncos throwback uniforms brought back out and used, well... that's welcome as all get out to the rest of us.

Ooookay, Dr. LBC.  I hope this made you feel good about yourself today.  And I really mean that!  If calling me dim makes you feel good, I don't mind you doing so at my expense.  Have a great day! 

Edited by jsthomp2007

10 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Ooookay, Dr. LBC.  I hope this made you feel good about yourself today.  And I really mean that!  If calling me dim makes you feel good, I don't mind you doing so at my expense.  Have a great day! 

Just a thought, and I'm not trying to take anything away from this being an internet forum where people are free to express their opinions, but that pendulum swings both ways.  If you're going to offer an opinion or position that is critical, be prepared/willing to accept criticism just the same.  It's not the interwebs' job to coddle you.  And (not that you've specifically expressed this position, but it's something I encounter quite a bit with people that freely levy criticism but bristle the second any criticism is given to them) freedom of speech is not freedom to speak without consequences.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:34 PM, Dr LBC said:

Just a thought, and I'm not trying to take anything away from this being an internet forum where people are free to express their opinions, but that pendulum swings both ways.  If you're going to offer an opinion or position that is critical, be prepared/willing to accept criticism just the same.  It's not the interwebs' job to coddle you.  And (not that you've specifically expressed this position, but it's something I encounter quite a bit with people that freely levy criticism but bristle the second any criticism is given to them) freedom of speech is not freedom to speak without consequences.

Okay, geeze, thanks for the lecture. 

• 2 weeks later...