Eagles 2023 Training Camp Thread: It Begins

Kiltman

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

McNabb

Vick

Foles

Seems like Jalen fits right in with those 2-3 games. 

Just have to hope Jalen can become a hybrid of all 3. Consistently making NFCCG like McNabb because he is playing lights out 2010 Mike Vick but able to actually finish the season out like 2017 BDN! 

I think it's possible. Hell that was basically last season in a nutshell for Jalen only the the BDN last 1/3 wasn't achieved. 

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just have to hope Jalen can become a hybrid of all 3. Consistently making NFCCG like McNabb because he is playing lights out 2010 Mike Vick but able to actually finish the season out like 2017 BDN! 

I think it's possible. Hell that was basically last season in a nutshell for Jalen only the the BDN last 1/3 wasn't achieved. 

Hopefully yes.

And to break the rule of Eagles QB missing time each year would be great too. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Now, I know BG is gonna want to be back for his 15th season with the birds as he’s said that is his goal, but drafting another pass rusher even a year early with how we rotate would make a lot of sense. I’m not sure I wanna give Reddick big money in his 30s or not, especially if Nolan shows out his rookie year. No hate for Reddick he’s a great pass rusher, but I think I’d rather get more bang for my buck extending Josh Sweat.

Reddick is a prime candidate to get an extension and pay raise halfway into the season if hes playing similar to how he played last year. And he should. 

17 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Reddick is a prime candidate to get an extension and pay raise halfway into the season if hes playing similar to how he played last year. And he should. 

Yea, I’d like to take the gamble he’s good into his 30s. Keep him here until 32 or so. 33 if we have to overpay a bit. My only issue is that he knows he’s underpaid right now and has mentioned it already. He’s going to go after big money I’m sure. If Smith gets out of the gate on fire, I can see Howie playing hard ball. 

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Eh… I’m not super against it, but it’s a risk. We would be signing/extending him for like his 31-33 year old seasons and he’s not like BG. Once Reddick’s speed starts to fall off so will he as a player. I’d just rather extend Sweat  who has the same amount of time left on his 3 year deal as Reddick. We would be getting his 28-30 year old seasons like we are with Reddick on his current deal. We can’t pay everyone and Sweat will likely cost less and be better bang for our buck.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

My only issue is that he knows he’s underpaid right now and has mentioned it already. He’s going to go after big money I’m sure.

Reddick never mentioned it. The media brought it up to him and I thought he handled it pretty well.  

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh… I’m not super against it, but it’s a risk. We would be signing/extending him for like his 31-33 year old seasons and he’s not like BG. Once Reddick’s speed starts to fall off so will he as a player. 

Reddick never mentioned it. The media brought it up to him and I thought he handled it pretty well.  

He handled it well. But you can tell he knows he’s underpaid. He’s aware is all I’m saying. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

He handled it well. But you can tell he knows he’s underpaid. He’s aware is all I’m saying. 

He’s 1 year into a 3 year deal. He can be aware all he wants. Next offseason is the earliest we start thinking about extending him or Sweat. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He’s 1 year into a 3 year deal. He can be aware all he wants. Next offseason is the earliest we start thinking about extending him or Sweat. 

You know how these things go. Just because he’s in year 2 doesn’t mean anything. He seems to be absolutely fine. But players get disgruntled fast. I don’t think he sits in TC next offseason without discussing his future. If he puts together a PB first half, why not get ahead of it? 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, I’d like to take the gamble he’s good into his 30s. Keep him here until 32 or so. 33 if we have to overpay a bit. My only issue is that he knows he’s underpaid right now and has mentioned it already. He’s going to go after big money I’m sure. If Smith gets out of the gate on fire, I can see Howie playing hard ball. 

I don't see it.  Howie doesn't **** around when it comes to getting star players at premium positions extended.  I think an extension is coming by next off-season.  The only question is going to be term and how much gtd money he gets.