We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

15 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I really am struggling to understand Hue Jackson at the moment. His comments about Crow’s 59 yard run are insane 

It it is...

when I first read his comment my first thought was this...

I wonder what Trent Richardson would have done, dude ran away from a lot of holes like that to just cleat his linemen in the back. 

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t understand how anybody doesn’t blame Hue for this ****. The dude has won 1 game in 2 years. Really bad teams have won more than that with below average coaching.

I feel the same way. This whole I’m going to hire an O coordinator now thing is just to save face. He’s a joke of an HC. I’d fire him after the last game and start new 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t understand how anybody doesn’t blame Hue for this ****. The dude has won 1 game in 2 years. Really bad teams have won more than that with below average coaching.

I don't recall many, if any Browns backers on here defending him getting another year. Overall record is a dud, and you're absolutely right with your statement. 

Having said that, today isn't the day, IMO to be complaining about him. Kizer had another terrible decision that took points off the board in the first half. Higgins had the costly fumble at Chicago's goal line that took points off the board. Nassib lining up offsides took 7 off the board. 

Hue should be gone for going 1-31 as a head coach, for sure. But today wasn't a loss because of Hue Jackson. 

18 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

But today wasn't a loss because of Hue Jackson. 

Mostly agree except to the extent that unforced errors are in part a lack of discipline uninstalled by good coaching.

Whether it's on D, O or ST, that is one his head.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Mostly agree except to the extent that unforced errors are in part a lack of discipline uninstalled by good coaching.

Whether it's on D, O or ST, that is one his head.

I typically would agree, but this isn't a case of the Cincinnati Bengals to me. I don't think having Hue Jackson as our coach makes us a better football team, however I think the issues we see on the field in games like today's are due to a lack of talent and not a lack of coaching. 

It's time to compile a list of coaching candidates now, and a list of teams who are probably going to be looking for a new HC after this season. 

31 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

don't recall many, if any Browns backers on here defending him getting another year.

I am one who’s opinion was that he couldn’t be blamed due to the lack of talent he was given to work with. I still feel that way to a degree. However, the lack of discipline (constant offsides penalties come to mind) have me rethinking my opinion. Today wasn’t just a loss, it was an embarrassment. I would be surprised if they DON’T make a change after today. 

This gives me a chance to rip the Special Teams coach again for the play of his units. Tell me how Ricardo Louis can be down to cover a punt, be right in front of the returner, yet somehow think, “Oh, l should run past him so he can have the chance to return the ball 38 yards.”  Unbelievable. And the defense?  I don’t know how many times I heard Jim Donovan describe a Bears developing play as, “wide open”.  Changes have to be made. 

And if you have read my posts, l have not been charitable to Zane Gonzalez. I will give him his due today for the FG at the end of the half. 

I want Hue out of here.

Here's the problem with keeping Hue:

We aren't going to win more than 7 games next year and are probably going to win more like 4-5 with a rookie QB and a baby-faced roster. If Hue stays, he's going to need to be lights out to stay. The chances of that happening are slim to none. He'll just be fired next year if we don't do it now. I hate continually turning the coaching staff over, but he does appear to be in way over his head. His schemes make no sense and we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. There has been no progression on either side of the ball. Our offense can't complete anything in the intermediate/deep range. Our WR's and TE's are never open...every other NFL team finds a way to scheme guys open even if they have no athletes. We can't figure out how to defend a screen pass on defense. We never get out of zone and teams routinely hit us with 4 yard passes to the flat. Teams don't even try to run because they can just checkdown charlie us all game long.

^^^

Those are schematic things that our coaches could 100% have fixed. I know we have young players, but that has nothing to do with our inability to adjust. We aren't helping our young guys, nor am I seeing progression from any of them. Our best player is Duke Johnson, who rots on the bench for at least half of the game. We don't scheme the ball into our playmakers hands. We make ridiculously dumb penalties over and over again. I never catch myself saying, "oh, great play call!" when watching the Browns. I am done with Hue. I like Gregg Williams, but his defensive scheme can be maddening because of what we sacrifice underneath in the passing game.

It's time to find a new coaching staff. I know everyone likes experience,  but I'd love a young upstart HC like the LA Rams got with McVay. A young hungry guy that roots for the 'canes and posts on FF would be ideal.

5 minutes ago, Koolkai123 said:

I would be happy if we got Hue back as HC

reuniting him with andy would be great

You guys might be a better fit for him. He'd probably be good in Cinci where you have more pieces in place. He isn't able to adjust his scheme to make up for having bleh talent on offense. He is a great fit for a team with a talented nucleus, but we don't have any of that on offense. Cinci's offense will be dynamic if they can patch up their OL, which shouldn't be that difficult to be honest.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

You guys might be a better fit for him. He'd probably be good in Cinci where you have more pieces in place. He isn't able to adjust his scheme to make up for having bleh talent on offense. He is a great fit for a team with a talented nucleus, but we don't have any of that on offense. Cinci's offense will be dynamic if they can patch up their OL, which shouldn't be that difficult to be honest.

It was the clash with the front office that hurt the browns in my opinion

Hue tried to make a move to get a qb he was confident in but the front office messed it up, Y'all could have been in the same scenario as the Niners

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I want Hue out of here.

Here's the problem with keeping Hue:

We aren't going to win more than 7 games next year and are probably going to win more like 4-5 with a rookie QB and a baby-faced roster. If Hue stays, he's going to need to be lights out to stay. The chances of that happening are slim to none. He'll just be fired next year if we don't do it now. I hate continually turning the coaching staff over, but he does appear to be in way over his head. His schemes make no sense and we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. There has been no progression on either side of the ball. Our offense can't complete anything in the intermediate/deep range. Our WR's and TE's are never open...every other NFL team finds a way to scheme guys open even if they have no athletes. We can't figure out how to defend a screen pass on defense. We never get out of zone and teams routinely hit us with 4 yard passes to the flat. Teams don't even try to run because they can just checkdown charlie us all game long.

^^^

Those are schematic things that our coaches could 100% have fixed. I know we have young players, but that has nothing to do with our inability to adjust. We aren't helping our young guys, nor am I seeing progression from any of them. Our best player is Duke Johnson, who rots on the bench for at least half of the game. We don't scheme the ball into our playmakers hands. We make ridiculously dumb penalties over and over again. I never catch myself saying, "oh, great play call!" when watching the Browns. I am done with Hue. I like Gregg Williams, but his defensive scheme can be maddening because of what we sacrifice underneath in the passing game.

It's time to find a new coaching staff. I know everyone likes experience,  but I'd love a young upstart HC like the LA Rams got with McVay. A young hungry guy that roots for the 'canes and posts on FF would be ideal.

There aren't that many "young" guys to get. I'd be all about getting Mcdaniels. He's 41 I believe, and had no guidance or leadership when he was the HC in Denver. 

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I still dont know how good he would be in cincy. I would really like to know the impact Lewis on him. He had to keep Hue in check when it came to run that offense. In '15 Cincy was 7th in rushing attempts and 26th in passing attempts. You would think with the talent Cincy had that they would of had more of a reason to be such a pass happy offense. in '14 cincy was 6th in rushing attempts and 21st in passing attempts.

I really dont understand Hue Jackson and seeing that difference from his play calling in cincy compared to now is confusing. In '14 and '15, he had studs playing in his offense in the likes of Green, Sanu, Jones, and Eifert but he barely passed the ball. Comes to freaking Cleveland and he wants to air it out. In '16 the Browns were 19th in rushing attempts and  18th in passing attempts and this season they are 25th in rushing attempts and 8th in passing attempts. Like in the past two years he has played completely opposite to the Browns strengths. Just, its head scratching. 

Like did Lewis keep Hue in line and made him call the offense a certain way or did he get drunk with his power in Cleveland and didnt care about the offense here...

Archived