Week 14 GameDay Thread: Titans (8-4) vs. Cardinals (5-7)

KingTitan

I haven't been around last few days and stayed out of the thread today. All I can say is LOL. Defense came to play today and the offense was down right pathetic. A few drives ago we had 3rd and short and run a route short of the sticks makes no sense. Marcus with an overthrow on first down of that last drive, 2 Delanie drops (first one would've been a hell of a catch), and than on 4th and 10, game on the line we call a short slant to a guy who doesn't play on offense besides some gadget plays and hadn't had an offensive touch all game? LOL.

Mariota isn't the franchise QB. Sadly we are going to win enough games to not be in position to draft one of the QBs and to keep this trash coaching staff in place. I will eat my crow on the defense. I said a few weeks ago they were terrible but they've come to play the last few weeks. Sadly the offense has continued to go backwards. I am hoping we blow up the coaching staff, at least offensively if we don't completely clean house, and figure out something to do at QB because Mariota is not the answer.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

You don't move a guard to tackle and create an issue at two positions on the o-line. You replace the tackle and leave your guard in place. Not saying anything about the need for a new guard or not, just saying you don't wanna have to replace two positions unless you just can't help it.

Taywan Taylor in the draft.......

Lol.

Just now, Kookie23 said:

Um "this type of game" is the norm for both of them.  Are you on their payroll or something?  

Did I stutter?

This type of game doesn't help quiet the critics of Mariota or Murlakey.   I guess I'll break it down a little more for you, since it seems like you need it.

This is the type of game, where the offense looked like it was stuck in reverse. A QB that made 2 bad INTs.  Where he has thrown for a career high INT and an offense that hasn't found it's purpose all year. 
This is the type of game where critics get louder and doubts get bigger.

Was that clear enough for you?

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Biggest play of the year at 4th and 10 and we target a CB.... If that doesn’t tell you how dumb this coaching staff is, I don’t know what to tell you. He shouldn’t even be in the game.

I’m guesssin the coaches didn’t think the defense would automatically key on him once he was in the game lol. I would have been more satisfied if they used him as a decoy 

Why hate the QB I’m glad he’s struggling, the more he struggles the less likely we bring milularkey back. Think about it mularkey has 1 more year left heading into the offseason. Marcus has 1 more year to prove to the Titans to exercise his 5th yr option & to see if he’s worth big boy franchise QB money.. This franchise can not afford to be in the market for a QB. Titans have to decide Marcus or mularkey baby ???

Just now, 615finest said:

I’m guesssin the coaches didn’t think the defense would automatically key on him once he was in the game lol. I would have been more satisfied if they used him as a decoy 

It isn't pretty. I mean that looks bad.  #1 draft pick WR. Drafted TE, FA pick up WR. Team leading WR in Matthews, and Adoree is where we went.  Not good.

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Why hate the QB I’m glad he’s struggling, the more he struggles the less likely we bring milularkey back. Think about it mularkey has 1 more year left heading into the offseason. Marcus has 1 more year to prove to the Titans to exercise his 5th yr option & to see if he’s worth big boy franchise QB money.. This franchise can not afford to be in the market for a QB. Titans have to decide Marcus or mularkey baby ???

You replace the HC, before you replace top draft pick QB.  You are right there.  When you continue to run 2 man routes and give our QB looks like they did today, it's had do find a way to defend that.

Just now, TitanSS said:

I dont care if we finish 11-5 and win a playoff game. I will still want Mularkey fired. It is a problem with his philosophy. Not his barely scrapping by trash teams and losing to everyone else in route to a masked winning record.

We have a better winning percentage vs teams with winning records than we do vs teams with losing records. 3-1 vs 5-3. That stands true over Mularkey's permanent HC career here cause we're 9-3 vs teams win winning records, 8-9 vs those .500 and worse.

So it's really an issue of barely scrapping by or losing to trash teams and only showing up vs the good ones.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Did I stutter?

This type of game doesn't help quiet the critics of Mariota or Murlakey.   I guess I'll break it down a little more for you, since it seems like you need it.

This is the type of game, where the offense looked like it was stuck in reverse. A QB that made 2 bad INTs.  Where he has thrown for a career high INT and an offense that hasn't found it's purpose all year. 
This is the type of game where critics get louder and doubts get bigger.

Was that clear enough for you?

I touched a nerve looks like.  I'm used to the "well we played a close game still in the race" nonsense.  

Looking forward to dropping the next 3 games thougj!

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

It isn't pretty. I mean that looks bad.  #1 draft pick WR. Drafted TE, FA pick up WR. Team leading WR in Matthews, and Adoree is where we went.  Not good.

I can't decide what is worse. Going to Adoree at all or the fact that even if we he caught it, the route was 5 yards short of the first down and the defender was in positon to make that stop?

Just like the 3rd and short throw to Davis. It's 3rd and 2 or 3 and we run a 1 yard route. Why was that not adjusted to 3 yards? Makes zero sense.

Archived