Week 14 GameDay Thread: Titans (8-4) vs. Cardinals (5-7)

KingTitan

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-arizona-cardinals-12-tennessee-titans-7

TEN-Titans-Header.png

Top 5 Grades:

DI Jurrell Casey, 83.5 overall grade

LB Wesley Woodyard, 82.8 overall grade

OT Jack Conklin, 81.6 overall grade

CB Brice McCain, 81.4 overall grade

TE Delanie Walker, 77.3 overall grade

Performances of Note:

QB Marcus Mariota, 50.6 overall grade

Mariota just couldn’t seem to get in a rhythm, specifically on intermediate and deep throws. He completed just 5-of-16 attempts of 10-plus yards through the air for just 88 yards and two interceptions. Working from a clean pocket on 26-of-35 dropbacks didn’t seem to help him either, as he completed just 14 of his pressure-free passes, including both of his interceptions and had a passer rating of just 33.2.

TE Delanie Walker, 77.3 overall grade

Walker had a relatively uneventful four-and-a-half quarters, but the final two drives of the game proved rough for him. On Tennessee’s penultimate drive, Mariota tried to hit Walker up the seam, but he didn’t see Josh Bynes dropping into zone coverage and threw the ball right to him. On the final drive, Walker dropped an excellent wheel throw downfield. Then, on the next play, Walker was unable to hold onto another ball he should have caught after absorbing a big hit from Tramon Williams.

DI Jurrell Casey, 83.5 overall grade

Casey presented a problem for the Cardinals’ offensive line throughout the game, as he registered five total pressures and recorded two sacks, giving him six on the season. Casey accumulated a team-leading pass rush grade of 84.7 but the entire Titans defense was effective rushing the passer, totaling eight sacks and nine hurries.

LB Wesley Woodyard, 82.8 overall grade

Woodyard once again showcased his ability as a stout run defender, tallying four stops and recording a run defense grade of 82.5. Woodyard has recorded 45 stops so far this season, only eight away from his career high of 53 coming in 2012.

[/quote[

I've been trying to compose myself enough to write a sensible post about the atrocity that was today's game, and the only thing that keeps popping back in my head is how mind numbingly stupid calling a fake punt on our own 30 yard line was when our defense was playing great. That completely took the air out of the team and gave them all the momentum. We never recovered from that.

13 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Makes me seriously worry about what our WRs are doing in games and practices too.

speaking of:

something like this happens literally every single game, often multiple times. it's completely unacceptable.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Makes me seriously worry about what our WRs are doing in games and practices too.

That's what makes me concerned the most about that tweet. Our receivers are healthy for virtually the first time all year and when Delanie leaves the game, we are left drawing up a play in the dirt for a 5-11 corner.

Just now, titans0021 said:

That's what makes me concerned the most about that tweet. Our receivers are healthy for virtually the first time all year and when Delanie leaves the game, we are left drawing up a play in the dirt for a 5-11 corner.

Can only hope it's more of a case of Mularkey/Robiskie out smarting themselves than it is indicative of our WRs.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Just everything about our offense is a disappointment. Playcalling, Mariota, run game, OL, receivers. Everything.

Biggest letdown, by far, this year.

Nothing has come together. 
Every first down is a struggle. Every game is like pulling teeth on offense. 

Archived