What Teams Wouldnt Draft Caleb Wiliams #1 Overall?

JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

You do if Caleb Williams is on the board and you’re picking. There is absolutely no way Richardson is comparable to Williams as a QB. Richardson was a bad college QB who outstanding athletic ability. He never should’ve been a first round pick let alone top 5. I wish him the best and hope he’s a success but there is simply no comparing Richardson as a prospect to Williams. Williams is close to the Luck/Lawrence/Burrow tier and Richardson is nowhere close to that. 

Williams is weird. Nobody is talking about it but the guy is Cutler/Rosen level odd. 

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:
6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Because everyone bats 1.000, right?

I don’t think I said that.

Then… what exactly are you insinuating? Oh wow, I got one wrong in 2018 - lotta people got that one wrong. Guess that invalidates my opinion on the topic…

As someone said in this thread - be all the way in or all the way out. If you’re bringing up an eval from five years ago, you’re clearly trying to say *something*.

So… share with the class. Be direct, don’t beat around the bush, now. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

You also thought Kyler would be a good QB. That’s been failing pretty hard, so it’s not like your evaluation skills are something worthwhile. Realistically, none of us know. So phrasing it like this doesn’t really say anything.

Did I really? Or did I say Kyler would end up being a better QB than Rosen(low bar) or that I liked him more than some prospects who has turned out to be better than him. Also don’t think I’ve been doing aggressive diatribes as to why I think my opinion matters much more than the next person.

I’m pretty sure you ventured into good, or better than most. Nonetheless, regardless of your position on it - I really don’t choose to bring it up in judging your opinions on other topics. But as long as you’re bringing up my misses, I’ll return the favor. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

It’s possible, nobody really knows. I don’t see it, however. You do. Mazel Tov, I guess.

Saying teams “deserve the hell they bury themselves in” then playing the defensive “nobody knows game” in the same breath is hilarious. Be all the way in or all the way out.

You’re the one taking this hyper aggressive approach on my opinion, I’m just trying to give you a safe space to land so you don’t spazz out again and bring up evals from a half decade ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Really? Why do you say that? I know next to nothing about the dude's personality. 

Go on YouTube and watch his interviews and press conferences. I’ve also seen a lot of interviews that aren’t available on YouTube. He’s a weird guy. It’s not just confidence…confidence is fine. But I’ve seen enough players like Manziel, Mayfield, Rosen, and Cutler to not have some concerns. I think him being black is a bit protective…if he was a white guy people would have certainly been voicing the concern by now. 

He is a very good football player…but it’s enough for me to put him below similar all-time prospects without that concern. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Go on YouTube and watch his interviews and press conferences. I’ve also seen a lot of interviews that aren’t available on YouTube. He’s a weird guy. It’s not just confidence…confidence is fine. But I’ve seen enough players like Manziel, Mayfield, Rosen, and Cutler to not have some concerns. I think him being black is a bit protective…if he was a white guy people would have certainly been voicing the concern by now. 

He is a very good football player…but it’s enough for me to put him below similar all-time prospects without that concern. 

He seems stoned in most of his interviews lol Almost overly soft spoken and relaxed 

Id be more worried about the fact the last 2 Lincoln Riley coached QBs who went #1 overall turned out to be busts because the transition from the Big/Pac 12 defenses and wide open spread schemes he coaches paired with terrible defenses every week dont exist in the NFL. .

Edited by AkronsWitness