What Teams Wouldnt Draft Caleb Wiliams #1 Overall?

JaguarCrazy2832

Seems like we have a few threads dedicated to this so maybe consolidate?

What teams if drafting #1 overall wouldnt take Caleb Williams #1 overall assuming his stock is still as high as it is now

All teams are available and yea some wouldnt get #1 unless a season ending injury to their QB but that might play a factor in the world we live in giving QBs 50+ M a year on 2nd contracts

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Those teams deserve whatever hell they bury themselves in.

I don’t know man, I remember you being super high on Josh Rosen compared to other QBs in that 2018 class.

Could easily see Maye having a much better NFL career.

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

I don’t know man, I remember you being super high on Josh Rosen compared to other QBs in that 2018 class.

A lot of folks were.

I have Maye graded similarly to how I had Justin Herbert graded after his Junior year in 2019.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Because everyone bats 1.000, right?

You also thought Kyler would be a good QB. That’s been failing pretty hard, so it’s not like your evaluation skills are something worthwhile. Realistically, none of us know. So phrasing it like this doesn’t really say anything.

3 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Could easily see Maye having a much better NFL career.

It’s possible, nobody really knows. I don’t see it, however. You do. Mazel Tov, I guess.

11 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Certain: Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens, Jags, Chargers, Bills, Eagles

Pretty certain: Panthers, Colts, Texans, Browns

If the colts passed on Williams because of AR15 that would be insane to me. Just two totally different levels of QB talent. 

The niners wouldn't. Williams is far too explosive and dynamic. They tried to go with a guy that wasn't Kirk Cousins like once before and it's been a disaster. Kyle is now locked in only to draft and play different variations of Kirk Cousins. 

The 49ers pass on Williams, draft JJ McCarthy early, Riley Leonard later or Sam Hartman as a late round flyer 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Depends on what you mean by talent. You don’t invest in a player like Richardson and only give him a season. 

You do if Caleb Williams is on the board and you’re picking. There is absolutely no way Richardson is comparable to Williams as a QB. Richardson was a bad college QB who outstanding athletic ability. He never should’ve been a first round pick let alone top 5. I wish him the best and hope he’s a success but there is simply no comparing Richardson as a prospect to Williams. Williams is close to the Luck/Lawrence/Burrow tier and Richardson is nowhere close to that. 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Because everyone bats 1.000, right?

I don’t think I said that.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

You also thought Kyler would be a good QB. That’s been failing pretty hard, so it’s not like your evaluation skills are something worthwhile. Realistically, none of us know. So phrasing it like this doesn’t really say anything.

Did I really? Or did I say Kyler would end up being a better QB than Rosen(low bar) or that I liked him more than some prospects who has turned out to be better than him. Also don’t think I’ve been doing aggressive diatribes as to why I think my opinion matters much more than the next person.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

It’s possible, nobody really knows. I don’t see it, however. You do. Mazel Tov, I guess.

Saying teams “deserve the hell they bury themselves in” then playing the defensive “nobody knows game” in the same breath is hilarious. Be all the way in or all the way out.

Edited by ClutchDJ