2023 Survivor Pick Em: It is NOT Your Year

JaguarCrazy2832

Weather this week is so many games could make for alot of upsets. LJax being sick isnt ideal

As for my other pool its either Texans or Packers…i was 100% on Texans before looking at weather issues and the line plummeting makes me think there’s something to it. GB is hot but NYG coming off a bye isnt ideal

On 12/3/2023 at 4:54 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So @Hunter2_1 @Superduperman @Malfatron or anyone else for that matter, any suggestions for Week 14?

Obviously the decision is mine so dont feel like you'll influence me and cost me $

Pool 1($3 buy-in, $1000 pool, only 13 remaining assuming Rams, Jaguars and Buccaneers win) I won with LAC this week

WASH DALL SF KC MIA BUFF SEA BALT CLEV PITT DET TENN LAC

Pool 2($10 buy-in, $343,900 prize pool, 758 remaining after the 1PM games, I already won with Dolphins this week

WASH NOR BUFF MINN DET LAR SEA LAC CLEV PITT DALL KC MIA

Cincy for pool 1

Balt for pool 2

22 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

How confident are we in the Ravens or Packers? Down to 7 in an ~ $8k pool. 

I was going GB until I realized Watson won't play. NYG seem to have some fight in em

Love the spot for the Ravens. Weather and all also makes me weary

what other options for teams to pick do you have?

once you get past week 8-10 in survivor pools, you most likely have used the more clear teams.  Also you have more data to go on for making decisions.  1 thing I have used over the years that has served me well in survivor pools/confidence pick pools is team passer rating differential.  Using home/away splits and last 3 can help to ID some hidden values.  not bulletproof, but can help break some ties

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

once you get past week 8-10 in survivor pools, you most likely have used the more clear teams.  Also you have more data to go on for making decisions.  1 thing I have used over the years that has served me well in survivor pools/confidence pick pools is team passer rating differential.  Using home/away splits and last 3 can help to ID some hidden values.  not bulletproof, but can help break some ties

Those two as well as the Texans are the best options for sure. I'm leaning towards saving the Texans for week 17 when the Titans visit them though

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Using home/away passer rating differential.  Hardest part is the big influx of QB injuries skews the team passer rating on offense higher than it would be with a backup.  

• week 8:  13-3
  • week 9:  12-4
  • week 10: 8-6
  • week 11:  9-5
  • week 12:  9-7
  • week 13:  8-4
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, squire12 said:

21 hours ago, squire12 said:

Using home/away passer rating differential.  Hardest part is the big influx of QB injuries skews the team passer rating on offense higher than it would be with a backup.  

• week 8:  13-3
  • week 9:  12-4
  • week 10: 8-6
  • week 11:  9-5
  • week 12:  9-7
  • week 13:  8-4

Went back through the stats on passer rating differential and looked at the home/away splits AND the last 3 games and when those 2 values pointed to the same team, results are below

• week 8:  7-3
  • week 9:  8-1
  • week 10: 3-2
  • week 11:  6-2
  • week 12:  6-5
  • week 13:  7-3

Overall  37-16

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Of the 4 people left:

2 Pittsburgh(eliminated)

1 Houston

1 Green Bay

I am the Packer pick, i was picking Houston all week but got scared off by the weather. 

Hey, i told you how to get an auto advance by picking cincy

Edited by Malfatron