CJ95 Contract Situation

Chiefs_5627

7 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I just don’t get all the let him go, Time to move on.  I get fans are upset.  I want the guy to get into camp so he can wreak havoc.  But let’s not mistake, this defense runs through Jones and we are MUCH worse without him. Getting a player like Jones in the first round is rare, the second round incredible, third truly unimaginable.  Not just the stats but what he means to the team. I think the players are still backing him, but they’ve gotta be racing a frustration point too.

It's not let him go. It's let him play out his contract which is a very different thing.

FA compensation should be max. 

I'm about tired of the entire situation but Nick Wright seems pretty confident that CJ wants to, in fact, top the Donald contract. Says CJ wants 2 yr 64mil (32 per yr) and KC is offering 2 year 54.5 (27.25 per yr) FULLY GUARANTEED (no funny money, straight across the board full).

So I'm not sure what the play is but there's no way we can make that happen. NW brought up a good point in the fact that he thinks, both, CJ's agent and CJ himself are almost more into it for the principal than the actual money. By holding out to week 8 like he says, even if he gets AD money he's going to lose 10+ mil in the process and short himself anyway so why play this cat and mouse game to the detriment of the team who loves the guy.

I love CJ the player and he's been essential for us to get those 'ships but IMHO he's getting some extremely bad advice. And maybe that's because he IS his agents whale (think Vegas, not weight lol) and it's not even close. 

The whole situation is just a shame to me. 

Edited by Chiefs_5627

Just heard on the radio NFL Network reporting Jones could be at the game in a suite? This is interesting if it’s to sign a deal and not be a distraction/possibly be booed at the home opener I get it.  If he’s there for any other reason, that’s pretty petty and bad form. Would certainly lower my belief in him a bit.

21 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Just heard on the radio NFL Network reporting Jones could be at the game in a suite? This is interesting if it’s to sign a deal and not be a distraction/possibly be booed at the home opener I get it.  If he’s there for any other reason, that’s pretty petty and bad form. Would certainly lower my belief in him a bit.

Got luxury seating to see himself lose money, are we better with him? Sure, would have he changed the fact that effectively the defense did enough to only give up 7 points (int was 7 and special teams allowing a fake punt lead to 7) 

Yeah I'm still on board with them keeping Jones,  and I think it happens..      but paying an almost 30 year that kind of money is ''usually" a mistake.   I think we can keep at least 2 of Snead, Bolton, Creed, and Trey   if we sign Jones..    but keeping all 4 of those guys and losing C. Jones,  we're still in great shape.   

Defense was on the field for some sustained drives last night,   but honestly that's pretty typical for the team even with Jones playing.    In the long run,  I think we miss him more than this game dictated,  but it's something we can upgrade if we actually know we need to improve at the spot.

Just now, RedGold said:

Yeah I'm still on board with them keeping Jones,  and I think it happens..      but paying an almost 30 year that kind of money is ''usually" a mistake.   I think we can keep at least 2 of Snead, Bolton, Creed, and Trey   if we sign Jones..    but keeping all 4 of those guys and losing C. Jones,  we're still in great shape.   

Defense was on the field for some sustained drives last night,   but honestly that's pretty typical for the team even with Jones playing.    In the long run,  I think we miss him more than this game dictated,  but it's something we can upgrade if we actually know we need to improve at the spot.

Give me those 4 over 1 every day and twice on Sunday.

How is everyone feeling about him being at the game last night? I feel like if he wanted to be there for the banner he should've hid out in a press box and not be flanked but his mafia looking agents lol.

Bart Scott roasted him online and I'm feeling the same way. The conflict is between CJ and the front office, not Chiefs fans and his teammates. Just don't like how this played out at all.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

How is everyone feeling about him being at the game last night? I feel like if he wanted to be there for the banner he should've hid out in a press box and not be flanked but his mafia looking agents lol.

Bart Scott roasted him online and I'm feeling the same way. The conflict is between CJ and the front office, not Chiefs fans and his teammates. Just don't like how this played out at all.

I’m not really sure what to think of it.   I think it’s weird he was there.  

I’m not sure it bothers me enough to really make a big deal about it though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

It makes more sense than what he's doing lol

Honestly.   The thing that makes the most sense, is he’s just staying away because we have 0 cap space with his full week to week pay check.

And I refuse to believe that, but at this point it might make the most sense lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

Honestly.   The thing that makes the most sense, is he’s just staying away because we have 0 cap space with his full week to week pay check.

And I refuse to believe that, but at this point it might make the most sense lol

Dude I’ve been wondering if it’s a ploy for cap space😂. Like I keep hearing we’re over the cap, but we’re not technically because he’s holding out. Otherwise we’re like 9 mill over, and if he doesn’t play till week 9 that gives us just enough space to get under the cap.