The Race to the #1 Seed

vike daddy

18 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Surprised the Cardinals still have a shot. They need the most help but have the easiest schedule ahead. 

@Washington, NYG, @Seattle

---------------

As far as Nicky Foles and the playoff future. The most important key to winning is going to be our run D. All those teams that are currently in can run the ball. We have to get back to being able to stop the run. I think our DL and Schwartz got so used to being up early they forgot that the best way to beat us is to keep us off balance. If the ST didn't give up a TD we could possibly be looking at a two possession game. 

Sorry if my optimism is too much, but I've seen guys step up before. Hell we seen Foles step up after an injury before. 

Gurley tore us up yesterday.. what the hell happened??

21 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Gurley tore us up yesterday.. what the hell happened??

1...He's a great back...2...As I said we haven't been tested for over a month until the Seattle game. Now we just have to get back to basics stop the run first and foremost. 

They know if there's no Ginger Jesus resurrection then we go as far as they take us. We've seen defenses play inspired and carry teams to SBs.  

I mean, yeah, Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with Denver and he was basically a liability to that team. I just don't know about our defense right now. Carson helped us dominate time of possession which helps the defense. I think our defense is great but we'll see them come down to Earth a little, and we've seen that already.

Every team/Def has hiccups, I think the emphasis will be contain the run, win the TO battle and give our offense chances to put up points. I'm expecting an ugly playoff game but on the other side of that I don't expect a team like Minny to win big once the chips are on the line. 

41 minutes ago, Phire said:

I mean, yeah, Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with Denver and he was basically a liability to that team. I just don't know about our defense right now. Carson helped us dominate time of possession which helps the defense. I think our defense is great but we'll see them come down to Earth a little, and we've seen that already.

Nick Foles is a much better qb than 2015 Peyton Manning. Peyton was Browns bad that year

4 hours ago, 808 said:

A win vs NYG guarantees us a 1st round bye. A win and a Minny loss to Cincy locks up the #1 seed.

i'd put the odds on that happening as low.

the Bengals just got doormatted by the Bears of all teams, in Cinci. they meet us on our home turf, and we'll be focused to show the CAR loss and mistake filled play on our parts was an anomaly.

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i'd put the odds on that happening as low.

the Bengals just got doormatted by the Bears of all teams, in Cinci. they meet us on our home turf, and we'll be focused to show the CAR loss and mistake filled play on our parts was an anomaly.

Oh yeah I have no faith in Cincy, just stating the weekly clinching scenarios at play. 

20 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

At least Eagles might get a week off before they lose a playoff game 

Pete, this isn't meant to be a shot at you directly but I'm using your post as an example.

Can we not be so doom and gloom? It's actually pretty annoying. Yeah sure Nick Foles isn't Carson, but it's not like we have no shot. I'm tired of all this depressing BS where everyone is just giving up.

Just now, vike daddy said:

Sage Rosenfels✔@SageRosenfels18

Nick Foles and Eagles have #1 seed
Case Keenum and Vikings have #2
Jared Goff and Rams have #3 seed 

All were quarterbacks under Jeff Fisher during the previous 3 seasons.

jeff-fisher-thumbs-up-yo.jpg

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Pete, this isn't meant to be a shot at you directly but I'm using your post as an example.

Can we not be so doom and gloom? It's actually pretty annoying. Yeah sure Nick Foles isn't Carson, but it's not like we have no shot. I'm tired of all this depressing BS where everyone is just giving up.

I'm expecting the defense to step up and our offense to become much more run oriented. 

This thing isn't over yet. 

We're 11-2. We have 3 regular season games to figure out what we have. And if we win one of those games, we get an extra week to get Foles up to speed.

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

The bolded is debatable. 

Archived