Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I sure hope not. Assuming Shurmur leaves, he needs to be our guy. If i’m not mistaken, teams can block interviews for everything but a head coach vacancy... or maybe they can only block for lateral moves.

They can only block lateral moves as it pertains for coaching positions.  If it's a promotion, they can't block it.  They can block anything when it comes to front office moves.  But, I have zero concerns that they could steal away Stefanski.  I think it's more likely that they promote from within (either Tom Melvin or Corey Matthaei), with Andy taking the play-calling duties back than pick up an external guy who would also be a rookie OC.  

Just now, disaacs said:

I'm not sure it's either Shula's or Dorsey's fault that they couldn't have a dynamic offense when you give them crap for WRs.  

Nope. Trade away Benjamin (overrated yes, but still better than most of their team) and let Ginn walk who was dynamic and just scored a big touchdown against your defense.

They literally are giving Cam nothing besides another big receiver in Funchess who isn't anything special, and then McCaffery.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Nope. Trade away Benjamin (overrated yes, but still better than most of their team) and let Ginn walk who was dynamic and just scored a big touchdown against your defense.

They literally are giving Cam nothing besides another big receiver in Funchess who isn't anything special, and then McCaffery.

not to mention, they signed Matt Kalil to try and give Cam Newton time to throw it to their slow receivers.......

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

I'm telling ya.....I don't think Gruden will be as lost as people think.

I still think it was too long a contract and too much money, but maybe that is what was needed to get out of the booth.

I wish them well, but I don't see Gruden ever living up to the contract. 

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I still think it was too long a contract and too much money, but maybe that is what was needed to get out of the booth.

I wish them well, but I don't see Gruden ever living up to the contract. 

I think Gruden is a good coach, but a big piece, to me, will be roster control. They need a different approach, and if he has more say in who they draft and pick up in FA, then that could help them get the pieces needed to be very competitive. I don't think that team is far off from being very good.

17 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I think Gruden is a good coach, but a big piece, to me, will be roster control. They need a different approach, and if he has more say in who they draft and pick up in FA, then that could help them get the pieces needed to be very competitive. I don't think that team is far off from being very good.

All starts with Derek Carr.

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

All starts with Derek Carr.

Grudens favorite QB from that class.

They have an offensive line.

Gruden will be looking for a RB if they let Lynch go tho, he is an absolute fan of running the ball. Well always was.

Really the Raiders will be a playoff team for a good amount of years with Carr and that offensive line if they can just figure out something on defense.

Archived