Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Oh, I couldn’t stand him on MNF. His incessant, ridiculous nicknames, and absurd hyperbole just made watching those games nearly unwatchable. 

Haha I think you either love him or you hate him. However, he wasn't as good this year as previous years 

4 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Arizona is in an interesting spot. They are old, but they do have some pieces there. If they can get a young QB rebuild that line, with David Johnson, it might be a pretty fun team next year. 

I could see him taking Bradford with him in AZ to compete. 

On 12/31/2017 at 10:06 AM, Klomp said:

If Shurmur goes somewhere and takes Stefanski with him, who do you hire as OC?

I have zero concerns that that would ever happen.  If Shurmur goes, Stefanski is getting promoted to OC here.  Shurmur ain't gonna have the option to take Stefanski with him.  But, in the end, if that were to happen, they could look at bringing in Jim Caldwell or possibly Bill Lazor (who didn't work with Zimmer in Cincinnati, but did work with Shurmur in Philly, so the offensive scheme would be similar).

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Interesting to see that fans and local sports reporters aren’t mentioning Shurmur much, outside of his interview. No one really seems to be mentioning him as a priority, or leading, candidate for any of these teams. 

Fine by me

6 hours ago, disaacs said:

It would have been stupid to even consider firing him anyway.  He's done a good job there.  

Yeah, but Danny Snyder has been known as someone who operates stupidly!!!  :D

36 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Yeah, but Danny Snyder has been known as someone who operates stupidly!!!  :D

Very true...although, he seems to have been tempered the last several years.  It appears that he's finally begun to mature as an owner.  

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Bears have asked to interview both Shurmur (pretty sure that one is happening) and now just asked to interview Edwards for their head coaching position.

I wonder how much of this is for the Rooney Rule. Get two birds by just heading to Minnesota and interviewing both of them Friday. 

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wonder how much of this is for the Rooney Rule. Get two birds by just heading to Minnesota and interviewing both of them Friday. 

Regardless of whether it is or isn't, he's at least worthy of the interview.  I don't think he has a chance at getting a job, but it's still an opportunity for him to practice his interviewing skills.  He's only 50, so he still has time to possibly get a HC job here in the next couple of years...especially if Zimmer does eventually give him play-calling duties.  

Archived