Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

The Lions just got rid of an offensive minded coach in Caldwell, and while it’s not unheard of for teams to hire another offensive coach after getting rid of one, they usually alternate between offensive and defensive mindedness. 

I still think, given Quinn’s background, that the Lions will hire either Patricia or Vrabel. 

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Correct. Went to MSU too. 

That one's second on my list. I think he could do wonders with Stafford.

I can certainly see Detroit being Shurmur’s preferred destination, but I just question whether he’d be Quinn’s preferred choice.

If Quinn didn’t have that Patriots’ connection, or if Detroit didn’t just get rid of an offensive coach, I think Detroit would be more of a threat. 

I’m just expecting Quinn to go after Matt Patricia or Mike Vrabel. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

If Quinn didn’t have that Patriots’ connection, or if Detroit didn’t just get rid of an offensive coach, I think Detroit would be more of a threat. 

I’m just expecting Quinn to go after Matt Patricia or Mike Vrabel. 

Good point.

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I will laugh very, very hard if Gruden turned around and said no to Oakland. But it’s pretty clear that he’ll be in Oakland. 

I personally like having him back in the coaching mix, but I have really enjoyed him on Monday Night Football. 

Just now, byuvike88 said:

I personally like having him back in the coaching mix, but I have really enjoyed him on Monday Night Football. 

Oh, I couldn’t stand him on MNF. His incessant, ridiculous nicknames, and absurd hyperbole just made watching those games nearly unwatchable. 

Archived