Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

Shurmur is definitely going to be a name out there, but I wonder if there’s a situation that he would find favorable. He’s not a first timer, where you basically take any job offered to you because it may be your only shot. A lot of guys who’ve had a shot before generally don’t jump at any opportunity. They’ve learned what they think they need, what they’re looking for, etc. so that the same mistakes aren’t made. 

Would be a big offseason looking for coaching staff for us if we lose our Asst. GM, OC, and DC.

A lot of times they try and take people with them also if they move onto HC's/GM

Wonder is Paton left if he would try and drag along Shurmur & Edwards.

If Shurmur left, would he try and rob someone from us as a DC, same goes with Edwards.

39 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Would be a big offseason looking for coaching staff for us if we lose our Asst. GM, OC, and DC.

A lot of times they try and take people with them also if they move onto HC's/GM

If Shurmur left, would he try and rob someone from us as a DC, same goes with Edwards.

Lets hope that this year ends so well that the coaching staff is that in demand. If we win the Super Bowl, they can take every coach and we can go 0-16 next year for all I care.

41 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I suspect Paton would take Shurmur, but I'd guarantee it'd be up to Shurmur to determine whether he'd want Edwards or not.  I suspect he'll have options...and I wouldn't be surprised to see it be Jerry Gray that he'd take, as he has just as much experience as a DC than Edwards does.

Shurmur makes for a lot better OC than head coach in my opinion. His 9-23 record in his 2 years in Cleveland weren't too impressive. ALTHOUGH, it is Cleveland, where actually 4 and 5 win seasons aren't bad 

Actually I just looked this up while writing this post, the Browns have only had 1 season with more than 5 wins since 2008. Yikes. 

Staying on topic- I'm sure Shurmur wouldn't be a bad head coach at all, I just think he makes a better Offensive Coordinator! 

Archived