Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So, Chicago, Cincinnati, New York, Arizona, Indianapolis, and Detroit are pretty much confirmed as needing a new head coach. With Oakland, Tennessee, and Cleveland still up in the air? 

If so, that is way too much turnover.  What that indicates to me is that ownership/management was not thorough enough in their recruitment process in the first place, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

12 minutes ago, Klomp said:

If Shurmur goes somewhere and takes Stefanski with him, who do you hire as OC?

Depends on who else becomes available. But if reports are true out of Dallas, I’d love to bring back Scott Linehan. 

Even if Shurmur doesn’t take Stefanski with him, I’d prefer to bring in Scott Linehan as OC, and keep Stefanski as QB coach. 

7 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

If so, that is way too much turnover.  What that indicates to me is that ownership/management was not thorough enough in their recruitment process in the first place, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

The funny thing is, people have called this a down year for coaching candidates

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Depends on who else becomes available. But if reports are true out of Dallas, I’d love to bring back Scott Linehan. 

I was actually thinking about the other part of that rumor they keep bringing up on NFL Network, and instead try to bring in a Parcells guy in Todd Haley.

If Haley and Zimmer could coexist from a personality standpoint, I’d be fine with that. They have worked on the same staff before  

I’ve just always liked Linehan’s style of offense, and he fits the type of coach that Zimmer has brought in. He’s fairly low key, he’s a former head coach, and he’s a good teacher. 

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Giants, who hired Dave Gettleman as their General Manager last week, have requested interviews with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia. Ben McAdoo was fired with four games left in the 2017 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/01/report-giants-request-interviews-with-josh-mcdaniels-matt-patricia/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Colts are expected to interview Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy and Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub. McDaniels can interview this week while the two Chiefs coaches can’t interview until after the Wild Card round.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/01/report-colts-expected-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels-matt-nagy-dave-toub/

The Lions fired head coach Jim Caldwell on Monday morning and they have started putting together a list of candidates to replace him. Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports that the team has requested an interview with Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that they’ve done the same with Panthers defensive coordinator and assistant head coach Steve Wilks. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/01/lions-request-interviews-with-mike-vrabel-steve-wilks/

no Shurmur requests.

Archived