Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

With the Giants and Cardinals positions still opens, I don't think there's a chance that one of those teams doesn't get Pat Shurmer.

I think the only chance is that if the Vikings win next week, and neither team wants to wait any longer. 

15 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Might be another spot opening up for him:

It seems that every time the former Vikings' TE has ended his head coaching career, it's been an odd situation in doing so...in Buffalo, he resigned after management changed, in Jacksonville, after 1 season he got fired for the same reason, as new management came in...and now this in Tennessee, after bringing the team to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  It's rather crazy.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

It sounds like the Titans are more likely to get Josh McDaniels. That means where he was thought to be going is now open, so what are the Colts more likely to do?

I suppose that's possible considering the connection with their GM, but the Giants' job is far more attractive considering the market, so it's no slam dunk.  As far as the Colts, I would expect them to go after a Reid guy...personally, I think they should consider Shurmur, but it doesn't seem like he's on their radar at all.  

Indeed, I hope that Shurmur has the best of luck, and that either the Giants or the Cardinals (whomever he ends up with) do well with him as a HC.

That opens up, whom do the Vikings get to be their new offensive coordinator? Is there someone on the staff who can take over?

Archived