Postseason Plundering of the Coaching Staff

swede700

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I still wouldn’t expect Stefanski to get an offer after only one year. Even McCay was an OC for 3 years. 

Tell that to Matt Nagy and Mike Tomlin.  

But, I do agree.  I don't think it'd be likely...I think Stefanski would be around at least 3 years before he'd get any HC offers...but how amazing would it be to have (someone else had mentioned it as well) Stefanski be the heir apparent to Zimmer.  I know that's absolutely nonsense right now, since we don't even know if he can even be a coordinator at this point, but it certainly would be quite a story.

42 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Tell that to Matt Nagy and Mike Tomlin.  

But, I do agree.  I don't think it'd be likely...I think Stefanski would be around at least 3 years before he'd get any HC offers...but how amazing would it be to have (someone else had mentioned it as well) Stefanski be the heir apparent to Zimmer.  I know that's absolutely nonsense right now, since we don't even know if he can even be a coordinator at this point, but it certainly would be quite a story.

I'm still holding out for a Zimmer dynasty. Get Adam some coordinator experience, then let him take over for 30 years once Mike retires. 

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

If they generally get demoted, why do so many retread coaches get the same job over and over again.

Norv Turner, Brian Schottenheimer, Greg Olson etc. have continuously failed yet stay as OCs for many teams.

You understand that Schottenheimer and Olson are coming off of seasons as quarterbacks coaches, being promoted to OC. And before they were QB coaches, they were OCs who were fired and took a lesser position. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Weren’t we saying the same about Shurmur?

Promoting Stefanski is still my top choice, but I wouldn’t mind Mike McCoy. 

Yes we were, but it looks like he took a lot and actually mixed in a bunch from what he got from Chip Kelly. Those crossing routes wasn't something that was big from Shurmur elsewhere.

Mine too. We will see what happens. If we take one as an OC, not sure who I would prefer.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

If we take one as an OC, not sure who I would prefer.

McAdoo’s personality is not something that I’d really want around this locker room. 

If McCoy can create an offense that gets any level of success with Tim Tebow at QB, I’d be willing to give him a shot. 

Archived