2023 Offensive line.

Old Guy

On 8/25/2023 at 4:04 PM, freefromwhatyouare said:

I didn't mention March as any "trade point" for Yosh. I told the dude clamoring for a trade to wait until after THIS SEASON. Used March to make clear that I'm talking about AFTER the season. The Super Bowl is in Feb. March is the clear demarcation for AFTER. Don't even attempt to bring up my "education" on contracts. We can get into that and I will make you look "silly.

No You Won T GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

23 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Shout-out to my guy Runyan. Never understood why there was a "competition" last season between him and Hansen at RG, they were never that close as players. Runyan isn't a star but he's a solid starting OG, especially in the passing game. 

I was very impressed with JRJ this last game.  I saw him just fighting guys inside.  He was so low and just rooting guys out of position.  At RG.  His center stuff wasn't bad, either.

I still feel like you draft guys like Rhyan, and hope they develop, so you don't have to overpay guards like JRJ, but I'm sure going to enjoy him this year.  Then let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 3

For those entertaining thoughts (ie: relentlessly pushing this narrative/agenda on us with your constant clamorings and filthy, nasty drivel) i thought this was an interesting trade yesterday.   Kevin Dotson started 30 gms over last 3 seasons at OG for the Steelers and was traded to the Rams.  Obvious difference in value betweeen OG and OT but just looking at the framework of the trade.  I don't think, or hope, we'll trade Njiman, and if we were to anything involving a 2 or 3rd rnd pick is unrealistic, but maybe there's a framework to moving up from the 5th to 4th or doing so in multiple rounds or multiple years

In exchange for Dotson, the Rams have reportedly agreed to trade the Steelers a 2024 fourth-round pick and 2025 fifth-rounder, while also receiving a 2024 fifth-rounder and 2025 sixth-rounder from Pittsburgh

• 3 weeks later...

69 sitting out during the week and now for a game means we have to reconfigure how we see this line. It is still a strength but not top tier until proven otherwise. Jenkins’ injury means the entire left side is a lot more precarious than we thought going into week 2. 

The writing was on the wall that we would move on from Bakh next year. Now the question becomes will he be healthy/reliable enough to bring anything decent back in a trade or do we just let that ship sink.  His knee blowing up while the ink was still drying on that blockbuster contract arguably cost us 2 trips to the SB. The fact that he’s still sitting out on game days years later is heartbreaking. 

I really didn’t like rotating the tackles, sometimes in the same series. It seems antithetical to all the conventional wisdom about Oline. Dave needs to be out there and as far as I’m concerned, let this team down but barring that, we need to make a decision and let that guy get his reps.

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

69 sitting out during the week and now for a game means we have to reconfigure how we see this line. It is still a strength but not top tier until proven otherwise. Jenkins’ injury means the entire left side is a lot more precarious than we thought going into week 2. 

The writing was on the wall that we would move on form Bakh next year. Now the question becomes will he be healthy/reliable enough to bring anything decent back in a trade or do we just let that ship sink.  His knee blowing up while the ink was still drying on that blockbuster contract arguably cost us 2 trips to the SB. The fact that he’s still sitting out on game days years later is heartbreaking. 

Yeah this game really sucked for outlook on OL.

Although I will say they did totally fine without them from what I could tell.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah this game really sucked for outlook on OL.

Although I will say they did totally fine without them from what I could tell.

That first series was trash and probably took points off the board. I have to believe we convert some of those 4th quarter 3 and outs with 69 and 74 out there although 28 can watch the tape on  just how ridiculous it was not to get across the line on those short ones. The game is water under the bridge but we have got to get back to the drawing board with some of these injuries if we want to optimize Love’s first year. 

I was anticipating something real batsh*t like Jenkins being shifted over to LT today- a kind of 'too smart for their own good' move I could see the coaching staff do, like putting a just returning Billy Turner at LT against San Fran in the playoffs, or the Hanson/Newman pairing on the right side in wk 1 last year.

The alternation wasn't as crazy as I expected, but still peculiar enough. Either Walker's the actual godd*amn understudy at the blindside or he isn't. It didn't actually hurt the overall unit production, but it's a worrying sign about the staff's grasp on things.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bakh needs to be traded asap

Who’s lining up for an aged LT who plays on again/off again great but has a ticking time bomb for a knee and sits out turf games and practice?  He plays a premium position and what he can potentially give us this season out weighs what we might get back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I was anticipating something real batsh*t like Jenkins being shifted over to LT today- a kind of 'too smart for their own good' move I could see the coaching staff do, like putting a just returning Billy Turner at LT against San Fran in the playoffs, or the Hanson/Newman pairing on the right side in wk 1 last year.

The alternation wasn't as crazy as I expected, but still peculiar enough. Either Walker's the actual godd*amn understudy at the blindside or he isn't. It didn't actually hurt the overall unit production, but it's a worrying sign about the staff's grasp on things.

I think it might have hurt our run game. It’s just a crazy way to try to handle that situation. If this year is truly a rebuild/ F it year, I guess you just see what works for the year ahead but that seems like something you do once you’ve been eliminated, not week two. With the make shift left side, pass pro was either pretty good or ATL just can’t rush, probably a combination. We need a better plan going forward. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone who has any grief with us getting 12-13 games of All Pro protection at LT while our young QB is developing, this is for you. Goodness you all are annoying.

F56q8qUWgAAimc_.jpg

First of all, none of us know for sure why he didn't play yesterday, but if it was because he didn't want to play on turf, he can go pound sand. That is not acceptable, and it should not be acceptable to anyone.

• Like 2