2023 Offensive line.

Old Guy

I thought Walker looked reasonably good.  Love had good protection all game, and wasn't getting particularly hassled from Walker's side.  Thought it was pretty encouraging.  I'm not sure how much help he got, though.  

I might be crazy, but it also seemed to me that more of the runs went left side than right side, including maybe more of those that either did work or could have worked with a better back?  

So, not sure yesterday gave any indication that Walker isn't pretty OK as the Bakhti backup.  Or that he might not be OK as a starter in future?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

IF we get 12-13 games. Hopefully, we do.

The number of games is not the issue. It's a guy telling management which types of surfaces he will or will not play on. 

That should not be acceptable to anyone if that was the case. I'm hoping he's not injured and that was the case, but for anybody to think it's OK is just wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The number of games is not the issue. It's a guy telling management which types of surfaces he will or will not play on. 

That should not be acceptable to anyone if that was the case. I'm hoping he's not injured and that was the case, but for anybody to think it's OK is just wrong. 

He should've just retired and stuck GB with the sunk cost and dead cap.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He should've just retired and stuck GB with the sunk cost and dead cap.

It's quite astonishing to me that you believe this type of behavior should be accepted. Do you think other players don't see this and keep it in the back of their mind? Maybe Gary's knee starts, 'acting up' after he gets paid, and he decided he doesn't want to play on turf. Will that be OK with you as well? 

Once you open pandora's box, you can't close it. You are way too smart to not get that. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's quite astonishing to me that you believe this type of behavior should be accepted. Do you think other players don't see this and keep it in the back of their mind? Maybe Gary's knee starts, 'acting up' after he gets paid, and he decided he doesn't want to play on turf. Will that be OK with you as well? 

Once you open pandora's box, you can't close it. You are way too smart to not get that. 

It was accepted by our FO and coaching staff. Why should I not accept it? 

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was accepted by our FO and coaching staff. Why should I not accept it? 

Correct. Some people are acting like he went rogue here, but this decision was more than likely made with the FO, medical staff, coaching staff and player all in agreement in what should be done for the best interest of the player and team for the long run. The season is a marathon, and the SB wasn't played in Atlanta yesterday.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R T said:

Correct. Some people are acting like he went rogue here, but this decision was more than likely made with the FO, medical staff, coaching staff and player all in agreement in what should be done for the best interest of the player and team for the long run. The season is a marathon, and the SB wasn't played in Atlanta yesterday.  

That's absolutely true.  It is also normal to be let down as a fan.  This will be the 3rd season our top of the market LT won't be playing a full season and we've barely started the wear and tear of this one.  I'm sure he's not just sitting on his vet laurels saying he doesn't feel like practicing or playing on turf, but it hurts the team to have that much money not being put to work on the field.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Believe it or not, sometimes FO and coaching staffs make bad decisions.  Accepting part time players just might be one of them?

What's bad about this one? We don't play again on turf until Thanksgiving. Maybe the agreement was, let's sit this one out and when he gets late in the season, if the game is on turf and meaningful, I'm playing.

Complaining about only getting 13 games from an all pro OL while some teams QBs spend every Sunday running for their life. Watch the Bears or Vikings once. Spoiled, entitled Packers fans at it again.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

What's bad about this one? We don't play again on turf until Thanksgiving. Maybe the agreement was, let's sit this one out and when he gets late in the season, if the game is on turf and meaningful, I'm playing.

Complaining about only getting 13 games from an all pro OL while some teams QBs spend every Sunday running for their life. Watch the Bears or Vikings once. Spoiled, entitled Packers fans at it again.

Where do we draw the line?   Do we want to have some players who don't play in weather over 70 degrees because they sweat a lot?  Another group that doesn't play in the cold weather at it is more conducive to muscle pulls.   We can have another group that doesn't play on turf, while we have a group that will only play on turf because it plays to their quickness advantage.

I am going a bit overboard here to make a point.   Bahk was paid the highest contract given to an OL when he came due for a contract.    It has been a disaster for the organization.  Allowing him to pick and choose when he plays isn't how teams win big prizes.   

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Where do we draw the line?   Do we want to have some players who don't play in weather over 70 degrees because they sweat a lot?  Another group that doesn't play in the cold weather at it is more conducive to muscle pulls.   We can have another group that doesn't play on turf, while we have a group that will only play on turf because it plays to their quickness advantage.

I am going a bit overboard here to make a point.   Bahk was paid the highest contract given to an OL when he came due for a contract.    It has been a disaster for the organization.  Allowing him to pick and choose when he plays isn't how teams win big prizes.   

This is just ridiculous hyperbole not worth discussing.