2023-24 Around the NFL Thread

TheRealMcCoy

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well in hindsight given what transpired with Carson Wentz. What decision would of been better?

Jalen Hurts isn't the issue.

You can say it until you are blue in the face, but Hurts is an issue.  He's not the only issue, but he is 100% an issue.  If we're basing a decision on whether they need to upgrade at QB on his 2020, 2021, and 2023 seasons it would be no question and his current contract would look like a joke.  We've seen 1 out of 3.5 seasons from Hurts where he looks like a franchise QB.  I mean he'll if you want to mention Foles again, he has the most efficient season in the teams history and then a year later the fanbase couldnt wait to drive him to the airport for Sam Bradford of all people.  If he doesn't get back to that level of play in 2022 it's time to move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

You can say it until you are blue in the face, but Hurts is an issue.  He's not the only issue, but he is 100% an issue.  If we're basing a decision on whether they need to upgrade at QB on his 2020, 2021, and 2023 seasons it would be no question and his current contract would look like a joke.  We've seen 1 out of 3.5 seasons from Hurts where he looks like a franchise QB.  I mean he'll if you want to mention Foles again, he has the most efficient season in the teams history and then a year later the fanbase couldnt wait to drive him to the airport for Sam Bradford of all people.  If he doesn't get back to that level of play in 2022 it's time to move on.

New trending GIF tagged tv reactions preach amen… | Trending Gifs

23 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

There was a lot more to Hurts' season that Hurts.

The offense was in utter disarray.
They couldn't stop the blitz with one of the best lines in football.
He was throwing off his back foot constantly.

He was injured, too, and reluctant to run.

If the offense and injury heal I feel fairly confident he can return to form.
It wasn't like these thing weren't evident.
He's certainly not as dopey as Wentz.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

There was a lot more to Hurts' season that Hurts.

The offense was in utter disarray.
They couldn't stop the blitz with one of the best lines in football.
He was throwing off his back foot constantly.

He was injured, too, and reluctant to run.

If the offense and injury heal I feel fairly confident he can return to form.
It wasn't like these thing weren't evident.
He's certainly not as dopey as Wentz.

That remains to be seen.

So Moore has a history of wanting to utilize 2 TE on offense. I'm assuming that was the reason Albert O was resigned?

I mean this is the same TE that didn't catch a single ball in the 2023 season under Brian Johnson? 

Here's hoping Kellen can game plan to get players involved. 

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 12:55 PM, Nabbs4u said:

So Moore has a history of wanting to utilize 2 TE on offense. I'm assuming that was the reason Albert O was resigned?

I mean this is the same TE that didn't catch a single ball in the 2023 season under Brian Johnson? 

Here's hoping Kellen can game plan to get players involved. 

Got a feeling we're gonna snag one of these TEs in 2nd/3rd round this year. People will probably freak out too but will end up loving it couple years down the road. 

Would love Big O to turn into something worthy I just don't see it unfortunately. 

On 2/28/2024 at 9:23 PM, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Got a feeling we're gonna snag one of these TEs in 2nd/3rd round this year. People will probably freak out too but will end up loving it couple years down the road. 

Would love Big O to turn into something worthy I just don't see it unfortunately. 

Everyone should expect the Eagles to take a TE on day 2.  They took Ertz at a similar point in Celek's career and they took Goedert at a similar point in Ertz career.  I honestly expect them to go OL, Edge, TE in some order with their 1st 3 picks.  I think they will address the holes on their roster through FA which would be on brand for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Everyone should expect the Eagles to take a TE on day 2.  They took Ertz at a similar point in Celek's career and they took Goedert at a similar point in Ertz career.  I honestly expect them to go OL, Edge, TE in some order with their 1st 3 picks.  I think they will address the holes on their roster through FA which would be on brand for them.

You're probably right on the first few picks.

Probably unrealistic but since Stout is a beast I wish they'd let him take a couple of his favorite later rounds guys so we can address bigger issues that we need to fix like Now vs when Lane plans to retire.

I won't be upset either way since this has been the formula to our success. Just wanna see something different for a change. 

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

There also exists the possibility that they'll roll with Calcaterra and Eyechart.

It remains to be seen what they can do in a competent system.

I think Stoll is a known commodity.

Then if they find those guys to be insufficient the TE pick will be next year.