Twins acquire Jaime Garcia from Atlanta

NewAge

26 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

This is a deal I'm actually good with for Minnesota.  Should be a wake up call for some Atlanta fans who thought they could get a top 5 org prospect for Garcia, who isn't very good.

Uh. I was hoping to send Adams and Garcia for a top 15 prospect. Sending Garcia and Recker for the No. 22 is fine by me.

I like the trade for both sides. The Braves needed to just start dumping some players and get stuff back for them, but the issue is they can't get stuff that is that great, so getting Ynao is good value for them. As for the Twins, they needed another starter, gives them someone who can help them potentially make the playoffs, and I hope the Twins will resign Garcia on a short deal.

16 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Not enough for me to think Minnesota can even contend for the division. We need alot more. Twins should be selling.

You can't sell when you're in the playoff hunt - it kills fan support. Making nominal "buys" that are really just buys in name only is the right move here. Doesn't show up in prospect rankings, but shows up in season ticket sales next season.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You can't sell when you're in the playoff hunt - it kills fan support. Making nominal "buys" that are really just buys in name only is the right move here. Doesn't show up in prospect rankings, but shows up in season ticket sales next season.

I don't really feel like we are in the playoff hunt. We just play in a bad division. Any other division and we'd be buried in the standings.

We're in the playoff hunt, so I do agree that you shouldn't sell, especially since the Twins are always called cheap by the vast majority of fans, whether or not that's been the case as of late. I at least like that they got Garcia, but didn't throw away a big name to get him, they kept the players of importance in the minors.

20 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I don't really feel like we are in the playoff hunt. We just play in a bad division. Any other division and we'd be buried in the standings.

Are you a deserving playoff team? No. But you're in the playoff hunt. That's what matters to fans and that is what will help drive season ticket sales next year.

The revenue part of this is important. Cleveland did a hard rebuild in the 90's after the Manny teams and never got their fan support back. You don't want to Cleveland up your rebuild.

Archived