WEEK 14 GDT: A RIVALRY RENEWED

RavensTillIDie

someone please let me know how the f*** this team who invested so much in the defense in the offseason can let this happen again. They literally used last years steelers loss as reasoning why they went defense heavy, and we get this BS. This is unacceptable

1 minute ago, paraven said:

someone please let me know how the f*** this team who invested so much in the defense in the offseason can let this happen again. They literally used last years steelers loss as reasoning why they went defense heavy, and we get this BS. This is unacceptable

The worst part? We invested heavily in our pass rush, only to watch that pathetic performance from the unit. THEN THEY FINALLY GET ONE SACK only to allow a 3rd and 13 right down the damn seam.

Then we invest in our secondary and REFUSE to adjust when Antonio Brown is just abusing Brandon Carr. This was the most pathetic coached game I've ever seen from the Ravens in the past few years.

Just now, M.10.E said:

As much as I dislike Pees, our players need some accountability as well. Mosley is awful in coverage. The DL got zero pressure. Our safeties do nothing. 

They're playing where they're told to go. We can't expect every player to ignore their assignments and make crazy plays all game long.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

They're playing where they're told to go. We can't expect every player to ignore their assignments and make crazy plays all game long.

I mean c'mon. Even with how bad Pees is, you don't give up 39 points unless your players aren't performing.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

As much as I dislike Pees, our players need some accountability as well. Mosley is awful in coverage. The DL got zero pressure. Our safeties do nothing. 

not really, it's been the same crappy zone defense since pees has been here where everyone within 10 yards is completely open. i remember the good old days when pagano used to press like crazy

Just now, M.10.E said:

I mean c'mon. Even with how bad Pees is, you don't give up 39 points unless your players aren't performing.

you need to go back and watch the last 2 drives where pittsburgh scsored, every single defensive play call was zone coverage and they dinked and dunked down the field 2 straight drives.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

I mean, sure, but at some point look at the matchups. Are you going to blame Brandon Carr for getting beat by the best WR in the NFL repeatedly without safety help? I won't. That's expected.

Sure, you can point to Mosley's coverage over the middle and how he looked confused on several plays, but again I think it all comes back to scheme. We ran the same **** all night long and eventually Ben recognized all of it and just stood back there with no pass rush and threw the same routes over and over.

It’s ridiculous... We need to draft another first round corner and trade jimmy for whatever we can get for him... I’m just tired of him not being available... Cats can say what they want but outside of Marlon our secondary was complete garbage tonight... Very hard to watch 

1 minute ago, RavensDefense3 said:

you need to go back and watch the last 2 drives where pittsburgh scsored, every single defensive play call was zone coverage and they dinked and dunked down the field 2 straight drives.

And when it wasn't zone coverage, they went to Brown matched up against Carr and we never adjusted.

There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, but the skill positions need to be upgraded. Two terrible plays by Maclin to close out the game. The first was costing the timeout on a play where he laid on the ground after the big hit. That’s situational awareness. I understand being hurt. But Derrick Mason or Steve Smith would’ve gotten up and jogged themself to the sideline. Then the play of the game was when Maclin couldn’t make a play on the sideline pass. Was one of the easiest plays to make and he couldn’t do it. We have no receivers that can be trusted consistently... other than Moore.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, but the skill positions need to be upgraded. Two terrible plays by Maclin to close out the game. The first was costing the timeout on a play where he laid on the ground after the big hit. That’s situational awareness. I understand being hurt. But Derrick Mason or Steve Smith would’ve gotten up and jogged themself to the sideline. Then the play of the game was when Maclin couldn’t make a play on the sideline pass. Was one of the easiest plays to make and he couldn’t do it. We have no receivers that can be trusted consistently... other than Moore.

Who is now injured...

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

i completely disagree that pass to maclin was FAR from a gimme catch, offense scored 38 points i don't know how you can blame skill players. collins was running the ball all night long, and we had some great deep passes. Defense continues to do what it always does, choke.

Archived