WEEK 14 GDT: A RIVALRY RENEWED

RavensTillIDie

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah. I guess I was fast forwarding a little bit in my brain. Since Wallace is done after this season, I’m jumping ahead a little I suppose. Either way, Mike Wallace being the best wide receiver still leaves much to be desired.

the better extend him, hes our only depth threat and only wr who shows up every game

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Depends on how much he’s looking for. But he still isn’t a solution. I just don’t know if he’s worth his contract numbers.

I mean he shouldnt be looking for to much, hes already tested FA and flopped, finally caught on with ravens, id imagine hed want to stay

Collins has 120 yards on the ground, just got 5 on 2nd down on our final drive and you opt for a "Read option throw" SUCK MY $($)*%#(!

You hand the ball off to the man they couldn't stop all got damn game!

Not even going to talk about watching the Christmas Day Massacre again or the 2014 divisional round defense of lead blowing.

Our coaching staff forever lulzy.

FOREVER LULZY

We still control our destiny for the playoffs. I'm glad the offense showed something and we didn't lose anyone major to injury. Really that's the most important thing, as the stakes weren't really that high in terms of playoff implications. 

No way the Bills are winning @ NE. So we can root for the Chiefs to win a home TNF game next this week, but this team still controls it's destiny

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We still control our destiny for the playoffs. I'm glad the offense showed something and we didn't lose anyone major to injury. Really that's the most important thing, as the stakes weren't really that high in terms of playoff implications. 

No way the Bills are winning @ NE. So we can root for the Chiefs to win a home TNF game next this week, but this team still controls it's destiny

yea ive messed with the playoff predictor, and even at 9-7 our chances are very good, at 10-6 its a lock

39 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Collins has 120 yards on the ground, just got 5 on 2nd down on our final drive and you opt for a "Read option throw" SUCK MY $($)*%#(!

You hand the ball off to the man they couldn't stop all got damn game!

Not even going to talk about watching the Christmas Day Massacre again or the 2014 divisional round defense of lead blowing.

Our coaching staff forever lulzy.

FOREVER LULZY

This is valid criticism, but again we had a multiple-score lead several times late in the 4th quarter and the defense squandered it after failing to literally anything. The offense put up 38 more points, what more can you ask for?

I'll argue to the day I die that the RPO, screen pass to Boyle, and several other play calls late in the 4th were atrocious, but when your defense can't get ONE stop, it makes things harder. Yeah, we could've just pounded Collins while Pittsburgh was expecting it and hope for the best, and maybe that would've worked. I don't know. I think ultimately if you can't rely on your "#1 defense" to make one goddamn stop in the 4th quarter, what are we even doing here? 

6 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

This is valid criticism, but again we had a multiple-score lead several times late in the 4th quarter and the defense squandered it after failing to literally anything. The offense put up 38 more points, what more can you ask for?

I'll argue to the day I die that the RPO, screen pass to Boyle, and several other play calls late in the 4th were atrocious, but when your defense can't get ONE stop, it makes things harder. Yeah, we could've just pounded Collins while Pittsburgh was expecting it and hope for the best, and maybe that would've worked. I don't know. I think ultimately if you can't rely on your "#1 defense" to make one goddamn stop in the 4th quarter, what are we even doing here? 

I've said it before in other threads, this Ravens defense was never top in my eyes. We were doing it against scrublords. We'll never reach peak potential in my opinion as long as Dean Pees is around. I'm not saying double team Brown all game, but you under NO CIRCUMSTANCES allow him to take your soul on their do or die last stand. Period. Yeah, Carr should've played off more, but you just can't leave him out on an island in that moment after he's been getting burned all damn day. Reminds me of the time he outsmarted himself and had Jimmy play Safety and the Safety play corner against the Bengals a few years ago. Or having *insert name* playing 1v1 on AJ Green AT HOME in the final moments of a game years ago. Dean Pees is just a fraud to me.

48 minutes ago, paraven said:

I still cannot believe the defense allowed over 500 passing yards. Not even the GB defense gave up that much. Its actually laughable and embarrassing for any player on defense

This x1000. Hump was the only player to actually cover someone yesterday. Everyone else got undressed.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I've said it before in other threads, this Ravens defense was never top in my eyes. We were doing it against scrublords. We'll never reach peak potential in my opinion as long as Dean Pees is around. I'm not saying double team Brown all game, but you under NO CIRCUMSTANCES allow him to take your soul on their do or die last stand. Period. Yeah, Carr should've played off more, but you just can't leave him out on an island in that moment after he's been getting burned all damn day. Reminds me of the time he outsmarted himself and had Jimmy play Safety and the Safety play corner against the Bengals a few years ago. Or having *insert name* playing 1v1 on AJ Green AT HOME in the final moments of a game years ago. Dean Pees is just a fraud to me.

I've said the same thing. I thought the Detroit game was the game where our defense would prove they were legit, but I mean even looking back to that game and looking at Stafford's statistics, he had like 4 incompletions and was well on his way to leading a comeback until he got injured on the INT.

I absolutely agree Pees is a fraud, and I will never ever understand why some people feel he's some mystical genius. I've said all year you have to take our defensive performances and douse them with context because of who we have played. We have played absolutely nobody in most of our wins this year, and every time we match up against a decent offense, we get shredded.

I can't blame Carr for getting beat. He's playing to his strengths, and his strength is press man coverage. He's just not fast enough to stop brown over the top, and I cannot for the GD life of me understand why we weren't giving him safety help over the top after the 2nd time he was burned deep by Brown. Either have Marlon shadow Brown, or give Carr safety help. Those are your options. Pees did neither, and we lost.

What gets me the most is that the injury excuses from Ravens media are already flowing. It's crazy how people feel that losing one player means this entire defense is allowed to fall apart. That's not how "top" units work.

1 hour ago, paraven said:

I still cannot believe the defense allowed over 500 passing yards. Not even the GB defense gave up that much. Its actually laughable and embarrassing for any player on defense

And at least Green Bay can use the interconference excuse. What's ours? We play them twice a year. We shouldn't be getting torched REPEATEDLY by Antonio Brown ON THE SAME DAMN ROUTE AND PLAY.

I agree with all the sentiment expressed so far. The worst part about getting beaten like a drum last night was that it felt like Pees couldn't pick which way he wanted his defense to get beat. And maybe some of that blame lies on the defensive players themselves, but we'd do a great job double covering Brown and not allowing him to beat us, but then get surgically carved up underneath by the likes of Vance McDonald and Eli Rogers. So, then Pees and the defensive players would freak out and pull the safety help from over the top to come protect the middle of the field underneath, putting Carr on an island and playing right into Ben's hands. I mean, it's not like he hasn't been doing the same damn thing for over 10+ years to us.  If we were going to get beat last night, I'd have much rather given up those garbage underneath routes as opposed to repeatedly getting gashed by Brown for 40+ yard gains.

With that said, despite how horribly they performed last night, the team was still in prime position to win the game if not for one play. That third down play where they actually gave Flacco the option to either throw or pitch to Collins, Joe once again got too damn full of himself and overconfident in his abilities and tried to put the game in his hands. Even though our running game had been killing them all night and the defense way was too gassed to be able to get to Collins on the edge. Don't care how good Flacco played for most of the night, and it could have been a lot worse if not for his receivers actually bailing him out on some plays last night, but I think he deserves as much blame for the loss as anyone.

Archived