WEEK 14 GDT: A RIVALRY RENEWED

RavensTillIDie

The defense, in the end, just needed ONE stop. They had 2 3rd-downs on that last drive to do it, and failed miserably both times. The 3rd and 13 where they gave up the easy pass down the seam, and the 3rd and 5 where they hit AB down the sideline for 40+ yards.

I dislike ultimately how the offense handled the last 5 minutes as well as anyone, but they put up 38 points. They did their job.

there is 100 percent no way I am blaming the offense, they scored 38 ******* points against the steelers in Pitt!! The defense was terrible, just terrible. They need to cut Jefferson in the offseason and play levine, he can do the same for cheaper. Draft another CB and pick up a legit FA WR or trade for one, IDGAF how they do it,  but christ get a play making WR who isnt past there prime

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

The defense, in the end, just needed ONE stop. They had 2 3rd-downs on that last drive to do it, and failed miserably both times. The 3rd and 13 where they gave up the easy pass down the seam, and the 3rd and 5 where they hit AB down the sideline for 40+ yards.

I dislike ultimately how the offense handled the last 5 minutes as well as anyone, but they put up 38 points. They did their job.

Scoring 38 points and "did the job" is underselling it really.

7 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

i completely disagree that pass to maclin was FAR from a gimme catch, offense scored 38 points i don't know how you can blame skill players. collins was running the ball all night long, and we had some great deep passes. Defense continues to do what it always does, choke.

That reception was far from difficult. Derrick Mason made a career out of making that play. Any go-to wide receiver makes that play. Maclin is our best receiver, but he is not a go to receiver.

Also our offensive skill positions really didn’t perform all that well. What wide receiver had a memorable game? Maclin was nonexistent, Watson was held unsuccessful, Mike Wallace was our second best cornerback but not really that great offensively. Moore and Collins were the only skill position players that consistently had success.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That reception was far from difficult. Derrick Mason made a career out of making that play. Any go-to wide receiver makes that play. Maclin is our best receiver, but he is not a go to receiver.

I agree, just have some ******* awareness of where your feet are and that's a simple catch.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Maclin is not a real big guy that pass was a little too deep into the sidelines, he extended as far as he could and barely made the catch, i thought there was no way maclin even had a shot at that when the ball was thrown. OL is more of a priority to me than a WR though, we can work with what we have if we have a dominating OL

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

honestly I think wallace makes the play, he is our best WR. either maclin is washed up or the dude just isnt fitting in here, either way he should also be cut after the season, im all for keeping wallace. at least he makes plays

1 minute ago, paraven said:

honestly I think wallace makes the play, he is our best WR. either maclin is washed up or the dude just isnt fitting in here, either way he should also be cut after the season, im all for keeping wallace. at least he makes plays

Good point. Wallace probably does make that play. Maclin looked like he wasn’t used to a game being physical whereas Wallace looked like the game wasn’t bigger than him. Maclin suffers from Marvin Harrison syndrome. When things get tough, he turns into a dress.

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Is he? Even before the debacle at the end I’ve been more impressed with Wallace and Moore 

Yeah. I guess I was fast forwarding a little bit in my brain. Since Wallace is done after this season, I’m jumping ahead a little I suppose. Either way, Mike Wallace being the best wide receiver still leaves much to be desired.

Archived