Preseason Week #3 GDT: Raiders @ Cowboys (SAT 08/26 6:00 PM MDT)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong, what I am saying is as far as physical abilities and capabilities Crosby and Wilson are very different.  Crosby is way more flexible and bendy and was able to develop counters and setup moves.  Wilson is super strong and has a lengthy frame.  He’ll need to add 1-2 dependable, fully developed moves outside of a bull rush in order to reach his max potential.  

This

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Finally watched it loved seeing guys play when it’s not all good

wilson- on that td by Grier idc what anyone one say he didn’t trust his foot.  That’s a easy change of direction play imo. He has a mean bull rush and I still say I’d stick him at 3t

williams 32 the rb- looks better than zues

Mayer- good on clean up plays still not impressed 

masterson- solidified #3 lb

we need lbs

grier with dak calling play’s getting us

You’re right there, Williams looked much better but I guess Zeus has the upside maybe. 

Impressed with Masterson, he commits and hits the holes. Decent tackler too.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Finally watched it loved seeing guys play when it’s not all good

wilson- on that td by Grier idc what anyone one say he didn’t trust his foot.  That’s a easy change of direction play imo. He has a mean bull rush and I still say I’d stick him at 3t

williams 32 the rb- looks better than zues

Mayer- good on clean up plays still not impressed 

masterson- solidified #3 lb

we need lbs

grier with dak calling play’s getting us

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Nah Wison going to push so many sacks into Crosby and vice versa.

Maxx could win DPOY due to the extra coming his way. Or at least make the all pro teams

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I just watched some of the game and especially looked at the Dline and Wilson in particular, my thoughts:

Tyree Wilson has elite length and power (that we already knew), great bull rush a couple times but that is all he has really at this stage (or that is all he showed), no counters, no advanced hand usage or fighting and was slow off the snap a couple times, you could see he was a yard or two behind Willis after 2 or 3 strides. Definitely raw tools to work with there and as Maxx was raw coming out that could bode well with both those guys working together.

DTs Young, Farrell and Butler were disappointing.

Butler just get handled easily and his hands are not heavy at all, he flashes quickness at times but I wouldn't have him making the team.

Young looks like he is strong and has a solid punch but then gets bogged down and doesn't know what to do when his first move doesn't work, kind of like Wilson a bit. I think he makes the team by virtue of being a 3rd round pick of course but he's got a lot of finessing to add to his game IMO. I realise he missed time on PUP and it shows I think.

Farrell Jr has improved from last year but is still only average at best. Pass rush even in 1 on 1 is very limited and he got his hips turned around a few times in run defence so was easily washed out. He's better than Butler and Young at this stage but I'm not sure I'd have him making the team either.

Silvera looks the best DT to me of all the young guys. He's the strongest, plays with the best leverage, has violent hands and if you leave him 1 on 1 he marches the OG back. He's obviously got a lot to learn but outside of Adam Butler and John Jenkins he looked the best DT we have. 

Overall, I think we'll be yet again below average to bad at DT this year. Tillery is a waste of space in run defence and flashes in pass rush but you simply can't rely on his assignment. Nicholls is an unknown really, did he play at his talent level last year or was he injured and hindered?. The two vets Butler and Jenkins look the best bets IMO. If it was me (and the FO won't do this) but I'd go with Jenkins and Silvera at NT and Young, Adam Butler and Nicholls at DT with Farrell Jr initially on the team but I'd be looking for an upgrade in other teams cuts. This DT group is not going to cut it when the bullets really start flying. I'd try to bring Farrell Jr to the PS. 

At DE it's Crosby, Jones, Wilson, Willis and Koonce for me, maybe Plant makes the PS.

Good eye once again 🍻

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Silvera has easily outplayed all the other young DTs and has the better fundamentals. He's earned his spot over all the others IMO.

I’ll preface my statement with the fact that I didn’t watch the first two preseason games looking to see specifically how Silvera was doing.

By several accounts though he struggled in the first two games:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/8/17/23833498/raiders-preseason-rams-bounce-back-performance-zamir-white

So either you’re right and several accounts and PFF are wrong…. Which is entirely possible, it’s pff: not the most legit source or your incorrect or overlooking the first two games and going off his last game.

idk which one is right, I’m just going off the articles I’ve read and the fact he didn’t jump out to me weeks 1+2

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ll preface my statement with the fact that I didn’t watch the first two preseason games looking to see specifically how Silvera was doing.

By several accounts though he struggled in the first two games:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/8/17/23833498/raiders-preseason-rams-bounce-back-performance-zamir-white

So either you’re right and several accounts and PFF are wrong…. Which is entirely possible, it’s pff: not the most legit source or your incorrect or overlooking the first two games and going off his last game.

idk which one is right, I’m just going off the articles I’ve read and the fact he didn’t jump out to me weeks 1+2

Several accounts and PFF are wrong then in my opinion 😁

In my opinion, he plays with low centre of gravity, strong base, has violent hands and uses leverage well. He doesn’t have a lot of finesse but he was very good the first game both holding the point of attack and pushing the pocket and held on 50% of the Cowboys snaps as they simply couldn’t handle him.

Silvera was clearly the best of the young DTs with Jenkins and Butler looking more accomplished I thought, of course done will see it different but that’s what I saw. 

From what I saw yes absolutely Jenkins, a butler and nesta were solid to good. Farrell jr had a few plays , never noticed young or butler much. If they cut silvera I’d be absolutely shocked if he clears waivers. Someone will pull him before Farrell, m butler I’d bet. Young will make the team based on drafted position. Again just imo. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Btw, from what we’ve all been reading.... it wasn’t just the games nesta looked good in but practice and scrimmages as well. Hopefully young is the anti Alabama draft pick for us this year. 🤣🤣🤞🤞

This is a valuable lesson. We see guys every preseason play well in games and make some splash plays. And are surprised when they are waived. There is more to this than how they looked in a preseason game. It's how they practice, how they prepare, what they bring to the locker room, etc. 

Silvera is that dude. Does everything you want right. Give him a year, he might be a heck of a NT. 

• Like 2

McClendon Curtis Ranked high among NFL  rookies according to PFF. Some of these ranking are subjective but I can’t imagine he makes it through waivers.

This is the opportunity to cut a mediocre vet in Bars or Muti. 

Edited by bucksavage1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

McClendon Curtis Ranked high among NFL  rookies according to PFF. Some of these ranking are subjective but I can’t imagine he makes it through waivers.

Oh look the TE I had us picking in the vs Zeigler draft.

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

John Simpson is rated top LG pf the pre season. Wondering why we had him taking all the starter reps then released him.