Week 1 Games

Leader

Green Bay over Chicago (H)   -   Ownership is officially transferred to Love.
Kansas City (H) over Detroit  
Atlanta (H) over Carolina
Cincinnati over Cleveland (H)
Jacksonville over Indianapolis (H)
Minnesota (H) over Tampa Bay
New Orleans (H) over Tennessee
San Francisco over Pittsburgh (H)
Washington (H) over Arizona
Baltimore (H) over Houston
Denver (H) over Las Vegas
Philadelphia over New England (H)
Los Angeles Chargers (H) over Miami
Seattle (H) over Los Angeles Rams
New York Giants (H) over Dallas  
Buffalo crushes New York Jets (H)  :) 

Week 1 Results :  8  -  8 
Season Total :     8  -  8

Edited by Leader

Man god damn why does week 1 have to be so long from now?  What just sucks even more is that college football Labor Day weekend is just littered with a bunch of junk boring games, aside from maybe the LSU- FSU game, so don't really have a whole lot to find interesting there.

Anyway ... Agree with all but a few of those assessments

I'm actually gonna go with the surprise call Pitt over SF.  Don't get me wrong SF will be rolling soon as usual, but they've shown early season vulnerability when traveling to the east coast before and will again.

Also .... Ehhh that Buf vs NYJs game I think will be pretty close.  In the end, yeah the Bills mafia probably take it, but I'm definitely banking Aaron Rodgers makes it tough on them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Man god damn why does week 1 have to be so long from now?  What just sucks even more is that college football Labor Day weekend is just littered with a bunch of junk boring games, aside from maybe the LSU- FSU game, so don't really have a whole lot to find interesting there.

Anyway ... Agree with all but a few of those assessments

I'm actually gonna go with the surprise call Pitt over SF.  Don't get me wrong SF will be rolling soon as usual, but they've shown early season vulnerability when traveling to the east coast before and will again.

Also .... Ehhh that Buf vs NYJs game I think will be pretty close.  In the end, yeah the Bills mafia probably take it, but I'm definitely banking Aaron Rodgers makes it tough on them.

Yeah....woke up & couldnt get back to sleep.....so I got this started thinking things were starting on Thursday.
Was 1/3 in when the game dates I was looking at registered ... but I figured to just go ahead and finish it.

I'd "paused" over that SF/PIT game as well....for similar reasons you cited: PIT may be catching them at home at the right time...but went with the "more likely" result: SF holds serve.  I think PITs got a shot at it though. The LAC over MIA was another one that I think could go the other way.

Truth be told...at this stage I dont know the roster status of many of these teams....hence, the crap shoot factor in many/most of these choices.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah....woke up & couldnt get back to sleep.....so I got this started thinking things were starting on Thursday.
Was 1/3 in when the game dates I was looking at registered ... but I figured to just go ahead and finish it.

I'd "paused" over that SF/PIT game as well....for similar reasons you cited: PIT may be catching them at home at the right time...but went with the "more likely" result: SF holds serve.  I think PITs got a shot at it though. The LAC over MIA was another one that I think could go the other way.

Truth be told...at this stage I dont know the roster status of many of these teams....hence, the crap shoot factor in many/most of these choices.

One would think Nick Bosa is not playing in that game. He's been a hold in all camp and has not participated. Waiting out a new deal. Miami's big tackle Wilkins is holding out as well and that one doesn't sound like a resolution is forthcoming soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One would think Nick Bosa is not playing in that game. He's been a hold in all camp and has not participated. Waiting out a new deal. Miami's big tackle Wilkins is holding out as well and that one doesn't sound like a resolution is forthcoming soon. 

Good info....of which I was not aware.

For no exact reasonm I think this is gonna be Tua's last season. I think he's at a point where a normal tackle - that makes his head hit the ground hard enough - will cause another concussion....and I dont think he's got many more of them left in him. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good info....of which I was not aware.

For no exact reasonm I think this is gonna be Tua's last season. I think he's at a point where a normal tackle - that makes his head hit the ground hard enough - will cause another concussion....and I dont think he's got many more of them left in him. 

Yeah, I think he is one concussion away from someone having a serious conversation with him about his future well-being. I was a bit surprised that conversation hasn't happened alreay. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, I think he is one concussion away from someone having a serious conversation with him about his future well-being. I was a bit surprised that conversation hasn't happened alreay. 

It has. Very prominent CTE neuroscientists have chimed in on it.. including direct advice. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm most curious to see how Detroit does against KC. That one will be interesting to see if the Lions hype is real. Early in the season but Detroit is going to be amped up for that one no doubt. 

Detroit is going to get F'd in the A.  That is how they will do against the Chiefs.  Can't wait until that hype train is derailed.  They ALMOST made the playoffs after picking top 10 for 35 years, and suddenly they are contenders.  GTFO with that nonsense.  28-17 Chiefs, in a game that isn't even that close.