Week 1 Games

Leader

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Got screwed out of a 1st. shouldve got injury insurance. No discount double check? maan.

I guess Douglas kicked Gutes *** after all. a 2nd for 3 plays of Rodgers. totally worth it.

It was 2 - 2nds and a swap from 15 to 13 which got us our EDGE LVN and cost them their tackle in Jones. Also, it was 4 plays, and massive revenue from merchandise sales. 

14 hours ago, Mox said:

No issue with you at all. But I think your ragging on Rodgers all night was weak. At best it's not funny, and at worst it's low brow. Admittedly, that's gatekeeper-ish on my part, but for a guy who has given the Packers so much, it rubs me the wrong way seeing you make fun of a dude who probably played his last snap all night long.

Just so you know, Norm is not a real Packer fan so I'd take nothing he says seriously.

Now, as to what the real Packer fans think, most including myself would tell you it's pretty disappointing to see what happened last night.  I hoped for him to do well and wanted to see him live it up on Hard Knocks.  And personally those of us who defended him over the years did no differently than we did Favre, and the way KC, TB and NOLA fans have their guys over the years.  When you like your QB and have them for a long time you tend to defend their flaws.

Having said that, the sack taking has been a problem that's been with Rodgers for a while.  The Jets OL problem certainly exacerbated it, but Rodgers is a creature of habit and the bad sack taking habit was one of the reasons our last two seasons have been full of bad slow starts.  We lived with it for years because it was a change from Favre's interception throwing disease.  So hence we saw fewer interceptions and better efficiency as worth it even if more sacks was a tradeoff.  The problem is as he got older the sacks became for more damaging to the offense, and even if we weren't happy about the WR room, that excuse could only go so far.  So hence we all wanted a QB who wouldn't be picky about how open his guys were or who he would throw to.

Had Rodgers not gotten hurt last night but still taken a bunch of sacks, I'd hold no hard feelings against the guy nor mock it even.  But I definitely would be relieved that it was no longer our problem to have because as much as I liked the guy, let's not pretend we didn't have to suffer from his bad habits when they hit us and hit us hard.

Edited by LLcheesehead12
  • Like 3

Was there a team that looked as utterly incompetent as the New York Giants did week 1? I don't remember a time I watched and NFL game that was that lopsided in every aspect of the game.

I have their coach out by week 7 if there isn't remarkable improvement over the next few weeks. If they don't roll the Cardinals this week, things could get very ugly in NY for the Giants. 

Edited by Old Guy

29 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Was there a team that looked as utterly incompetent as the New York Giants did week 1? I don't remember a time I watched and NFL game that was that lopsided in every aspect of the game.

I have their coach out by week 7 if there isn't remarkable improvement over the next few weeks. If they don't roll the Cardinals this week, things could get very ugly in NY for the Giants. 

Seeing as how he's the guy who gave Daniel Jones a 4yr/$160m contract, their GM should go before Daboll.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I think they come out fired up against AZ, maybe win against that tanking team, then play 9ers on Thursday and get mauled. They’ve got to show something after that week 1 catastrophe. 

9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Isn't there a Week 1 overreactions thread around here somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...