The Week 1 Gameday Thread: 'Ders vs. Cards, 1 PM, FOX - GIF THEME SPONGEBOB

MikeT14

Nicki Jhabvala reporting

This is cool: Commanders limited partner Mitch Rales is sending his private plane to Florida to pick up Sonny Jurgensen, Billy Kilmer, Jim Hart & their spouses for Sunday's opener. Flying commercial isn't feasible for Jurgensen given his health, but Rales wanted them to be able to attend alongside other Washington legends. Rales's plane will take them home after.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Nicki Jhabvala reporting

This is cool: Commanders limited partner Mitch Rales is sending his private plane to Florida to pick up Sonny Jurgensen, Billy Kilmer, Jim Hart & their spouses for Sunday's opener. Flying commercial isn't feasible for Jurgensen given his health, but Rales wanted them to be able to attend alongside other Washington legends. Rales's plane will take them home after.

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/08/champ-bailey-pro-football-hall-of-fame-washington-commanders-week-1/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR20MhC_4HWsiFMU95k6N95TpEScOIrCCyB5kwKLia3XVcEGYjSXzVsYn18

Champ Bailey is an honorary captain in his return to Washington. For those of you at the game, this is going to be one to remember. New Era and new energy.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If Chase Young doesn't play this game I'm pretty much done with the guy.  

Commanders DE Chase Young will not play in Sunday's regular season opener and is not expected back until at least Week 3 with a neck injury, multiple sources tell

I am done also with this guy. I wish those rumors we heard about a few months ago about us possibly trading him were true and wish we did. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Commanders DE Chase Young will not play in Sunday's regular season opener and is not expected back until at least Week 3 with a neck injury, multiple sources tell

I am done also with this guy. I wish those rumors we heard about a few months ago about us possibly trading him were true and wish we did. 

Yeah,I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Fragile player

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

They should just put him on IR. He’s out atleast until week 3. Why would you pick this guys option up. He’s an embarrassment. Like I said in a previous post he enjoys being a football player more than playing football. 

Yeah if he’s out till week 3 you might just want to IR him

And here I got harassed for Chase Young pessimism.... what shame to know I was 100% correct. Get this clown out of here, he's a cancer. 

Can't have someone so soft, lazy, and immature affecting the other players. 

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Troublez said:

And here I got harassed for Chase Young pessimism.... what shame to know I was 100% correct. Get this clown out of here, he's a cancer. 

Can't have someone so soft, lazy, and immature affecting the other players. 

You weren’t harassed and the reason I usually respond to you about Chase Young things is because you go off the deep end with posts like “he’s a cancer”. He doesn’t get into legal trouble and he doesn’t badmouth anybody to the media. He’s not a cancer. 

With that said, there’s clearly an issue with Rivera and Chase. These whole situation is weird. And if this is going to just turn into last year then just find a trade partner and move on. I don’t know how you can be cleared to practice but have to sit out two weeks? This whole situation is just dumb now and it’s clear both parties need to go their separate ways. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 5:28 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve NEVER seen this much caution for a stinger. This is really getting ridiculous on how CY and his injuries. At the pressers when RR is asked a question about CY and his status, you could really see the disgust when RR answers. Definitely losing respect for this guy. Would not want to go to war with this guy, he’d have an excuse not to participate. It’s a shame. Hope he can prove me wrong. 

What I don't understand is why they waited so long to have the doctor clear him or not.

This just goes back to the Curtis Samuel mystery from 2021, something just is fishy here. I don't know what it is, but it seems like mismanagement to me when you have Chase say on Wednesday he's good to go but needs to get cleared & then it takes two more days for him to see the doctor & he's not cleared for contact.

• Like 1