• Tandem 6
    • Tandem 7
    • Tandem 8
    • Tandem 9
    • Tandem 10

5 hours ago, Soko said:

Calvin Johnson:

2kvdsg.jpg

Calvin was amazing but he used his massive frame to basically out jump people to high point balls. I don't think it's too outlandish to say that Hopkins in his prime was a more technically skilled WR with superior hands, body control and fluidity to his game.

Edited by AkronsWitness

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Calvin was amazing but he used his massive frame to basically out jump people to high point balls. I don't think it's too outlandish to say that Hopkins in his prime was a more technically skilled WR with superior hands, body control and fluidity to his game.

That is, in fact, outlandish.

You act like all Calvin ever did was win jump balls, which is patently false. Calvin had it all.

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You said Hopkins was debatably the best WR of the past 15 years. Also said his ball tracking and adjusting to the football is #1.

That’s pretty outlandish, since Calvin Johnson exists.

1 minute ago, Soko said:

You said Hopkins was debatably the best WR of the past 15 years. Also said his ball tracking and adjusting to the football is #1.

That’s pretty outlandish, since Calvin Johnson exists.

And I stand by the fact that I believe Hopkins is equally good in those categories, yes lol Which makes him IMO arguably, in the discussion, has to be considered for, ECT the best WR in the past 15 years.

Him also holding the NFL record for 105 consecutive catches without a drop helps too.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

And I stand by the fact that I believe Hopkins is equally good in those categories, yes lol Which makes him IMO arguably, in the discussion, has to be considered for, ECT the best WR in the past 15 years.

Him also holding the NFL record for 105 consecutive catches without a drop helps too.

That’s not a fact, brother. Not even DeAndre’s own mother would put him in the same category as Megatron.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

That’s not a fact, brother. Not even DeAndre’s own mother would put him in the same category as Megatron.

Tis' a hill Im willing to die on. The 'Hopkins at his peak, is in the discussion for the best WR in the last 15 years' hill. 🤣

Its a random hill, not very well maintained, but it is a hill.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Tis' a hill Im willing to die on. The 'Hopkins at his peak, is in the discussion for the best WR in the last 15 years' hill. 🤣

Its a random hill, not very well maintained, but it is a hill.

I'm on the, "at his prime, Julio Jones was the best WR in the NFL for 5 straight years" hill. So I get it.

2014-2018, Jones averaged 109 catches, 1661 yards and 6.5 TDs per every 16 games. That's insanity.

Edited by scar988

I'm probably in the minority, but give me Wayne/Holt. I factor in their longevity each and their consistency year/year out from get go. 

basically pencil both in for 1,500 yards and 9+ TD's for damn near their entire careers. Plus, both we're 1A's on their teams and already know how to share the targets and be happy/prodcutive unlike a lot of guys on this list together.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scar988 said:

I'm on the, "at his prime, Julio Jones was the best WR in the NFL for 5 straight years" hill. So I get it.

2014-2018, Jones averaged 109 catches, 1661 yards and 6.5 TDs per every 16 games. That's insanity.

I can see it and its a fair argument. My only issue with Julio is that I feel like he never maximized his potential as a RZ target given his physical size. 6TDs a year is nice, but I feel like a player of his talent/size should have been averaging 10-13 TDs a season in his prime, not 6--and its not like he was playing with bad QBs to not be able to do it.

Admittedly, I don't know too much about the intricacies of the Falcons offense those years to say why he wasn't getting those looks and why his overall TD numbers are pedestrian relative to a player of his caliber, but its just something that has always stuck with me about him 

Edited by AkronsWitness

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I can see it and its a fair argument. My only issue with Julio is that I feel like he never maximized his potential as a RZ target given his physical size. 6TDs a year is nice, but I feel like a player of his talent/size should have been averaging 10-13 TDs a season in his prime, not 6--and its not like he was playing with bad QBs to not be able to do it.

Admittedly, I don't know too much about the intricacies of the Falcons offense those years to say why he wasn't getting those looks and why his overall TD numbers are pedestrian relative to a player of his caliber, but its just something that has always stuck with me about him 

The amount of times he would get stopped at the 3-4 yard line and then the Falcons would just run it in during those years would have been aggravating for any fantasy owner. That or he'd draw coverages his way and a wide open Roddy White, Mo Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Calvin Ridley, whoever, would end up getting the TD instead. Ryan was always trying to find the open man and Julio never said, "throw me more Touchdowns." He just played his role. Had he been more selfish, he might have gotten more TDs himself. Instead he was out there blocking and decoying allowing the team to get TDs instead. It's why I always say WR TDs are a function of the offense. Not a function of the player themselves.

13 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Team 2 for me. I wanted Moss in there, but Bolden held the tandem back (no disrespect, but he’s just not at that level for me)

What about a tandem of J Rice and T Brown? Can I take them instead?

Bite your tongue, Boldin is the most underrated player on this list. He was better than Fitz a lot of the years they played together. 

On 9/7/2023 at 3:53 PM, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but give me Wayne/Holt. I factor in their longevity each and their consistency year/year out from get go. 

basically pencil both in for 1,500 yards and 9+ TD's for damn near their entire careers. Plus, both we're 1A's on their teams and already know how to share the targets and be happy/prodcutive unlike a lot of guys on this list together.  

I was between Wayne/Holt and Harrison/Johnson, finally picking Wayne/Holt.