2023 College Football Thread

Norm

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

By leaving Florida State out you are saying there is nothing they could have done this season to earn a spot in the playoffs. They played and beat 2 SEC teams in non-conference games. They have the toughest SOS of all the teams that would be considered. 

This is about as easy a selection as the committee could have if there was no SEC bias. You have 5 power 5 conferences. Three have unbeaten teams. The other two conference Champions played during the regular season. Texas beat Alabama by 10 in Tuscaloosa. 

There is NOTHING arbitrary about this way of selecting teams.

The only reason Alabama or Georgia get in is SEC bias. It's really that simple! 

You seem way too invested in this.  I agree 100% that the CFP should be Mich, Was, FSU, Texas.  I also think it's easy to understand why the debate over FSU exists.

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You seem way too invested in this.  I agree 100% that the CFP should be Mich, Was, FSU, Texas.  I also think it's easy to understand why the debate over FSU exists.

I always think it's weird as **** when people accuse other people on a message board of "being too invested" in something. 

Compared to 99.99999% of the population, you posting on an NFL message board is being way too invested. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I always think it's weird as **** when people accuse other people on a message board of "being too invested" in something. 

Compared to 99.99999% of the population, you posting on an NFL message board is being way too invested. 

You seem to think a lot of stuff is weird

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Why play the games at all then? Just tell the teams go through the motions of the season, it won't matter because the SEC HAS to be represented in the playoffs. No matter what. 

Guess what, Michigan is going to be the #1 seed and have to play Alabama or Texas. They are going to get curb stomped so why don't they leave them out? They actually cheated during the season. 

I legitimately couldn't care less about FSU, the SEC, or who is in and who isn't. It's just seems like a lot of righteous indignation for a team absolutely nobody believes is one of the four best. 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Let’s no BS ourselves, Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State are the 4 best teams. It should be Michigan vs Bama for the Natty.

Michigan is overrated. They are going to get curb stomped. Might not be against Alabama, who had a game gifted to them a week ago against Auburn. 

Ohio State is a joke offensively. The Big Ten is so overrated. 

FSU's going to win their meaningless bowl game, finish 14-0 and declare themselves the national champions and it's going to register a lot more than when UCF did it (which was a legitimate national championship.)

The committee screwed up because they failed to recognize that all they offer is an opinion and a trophy.  Their existence hinges on "people believe their opinion is the correct one." We used to have like 2-3 national champions regularly because this came down to polls; that was probably a better system.

Edited by PossibleCabbage