2023 College Football Thread

Norm

18 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

OK, I guess you can be.  My mistake.

******* stupid but this is still hilarious. UGA has plenty of guys out.

Still want them to score 100.

Also is anyone able to watch Wyoming and Toledo? I wanna hear the barstool idiots lol. But I'm at a bar and some moron has the jukebox going

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Also is anyone able to watch Wyoming and Toledo? I wanna hear the barstool idiots lol. But I'm at a bar and some moron has the jukebox going

If both tes were at full strength, its a much closer game.  Georgia has 2 and 3 deep that are high chance of NFL players in a couple years.  Doubt FSU has that type of quality depth.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm right there with you.  I want to see if UGA will go all game without letting up.  FSU lost any kind of sympathy from me when literally half of the guys who should have been starting today decided not to play.  It's not like I "blame" them for doing it, but now that it's happened, FSU getting demolished seems appropriate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm right there with you.  I want to see if UGA will go all game without letting up.  FSU lost any kind of sympathy from me when literally half of the guys who should have been starting today decided not to play.  It's not like I "blame" them for doing it, but now that it's happened, FSU getting demolished seems appropriate.

Exactly

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Other than the CFP games, it's tough to take much of anything away from these results when 3-6 of the best players (or 12 if you are FSU) on each team decide not to play.

Pretty much.  The big football programs that have players bound for the NFL will see players sitting out.  

For a lot of programs in the 6-9 win range, a bowl game means another 3-4 weeks of practice time for younger players.  

These bowl games are absolutely meaningless. They are going to 12 teams next year. Just shoot these bowl games and call it a day. 

Either that or make the conference Championship games into bowl games. It would make sense to have the B18, formerly the Big Ten championship game to be the Rose Bowl. 

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

These bowl games are absolutely meaningless. They are going to 12 teams next year. Just shoot these bowl games and call it a day. 

Either that or make the conference Championship games into bowl games. It would make sense to have the B18, formerly the Big Ten championship game to be the Rose Bowl. 

The bowl games having any meaning is not new, especially for an upper tier team in terms of a W/L and the overall record.

They do hold some value for younger players and coaches in practice time and development opportunity