2023 College Football Thread

Norm

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That Missouri RB is not only a great story, he's actually good. I think he can play on Sunday's. 

Missouri was the better team by far last night. 

Great kid.  I hope he gets all the money.  I hope that money doesn't come from the Packers.  I don't recall if it was this thread or the draft thread, but I am very curious to see the workout numbers.  He is really good at football.  I just question whether he is athlete enough to be an NFL back.  I will be rooting for him, but I will be very surprised if he is a factor at the next level.  

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Florida State has 18 or 19 guys sitting out today. Not sure if that number includes the original back up QB who hit the transfer portal. 

How is this game going to be watchable? 

And potentially an unmotivated Georgia team as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Norm said:

Yeah exactly what I said last night. Don't blame the kids but it's hard..I tricked myself today when I was like wait why is Ewers playing? Oh yeah because it's a playoff so they care lol. 

This is only going to get worse and bowl games will die more and more. There's been some entertaining parts though

That's the thing, it's not going to get worse.  For the most part, the 12 team playoff should eliminate the issue of the premier college players skipping the bowl games.

For players on teams that don't make the 12 team playoff, I wouldn't care much about those games anyway.

Every player who skipped this FSU / Georgia game would be playing if the 12 team playoff was going this year.