2023 College Football Thread

Norm

31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Ohio State got beat by a superior team.  They literally made it a point in the broadcast to say that the only guy that opted out was Harrison Jr.  Tough pill to swallow because Ohio State is always ranked top 10, but Mizzou is better this year, and we proved it on the field.

Again, sitting 19 players, and getting whipped shows that FSU didn't belong in the playoff.  They are the only team that rolled over and died.  Did K-State decide not to try? No.  They went and got that giant Pop-Tart.  Did Notre Dame decide not to try? No.  They went out and took care of Oregon State.  But not poor FSU.  They should be in the playoff.  And instead of proving it, by beating the defending national champions, and team that was ranked number 1 most of the season, FSU just goes home to complain more.

Did they mention their starting quarterback left via the portal? How about the LT who didn't play? 

Your diatribe against Florida state is absolutely laughable. It shows you don't understand what playing the best team in college football with your second string looks like. Third string when it comes to quarterback and a true freshman at that. 

Florida State earned it in the 12 games they played. What they did once they got in is irrelevant. Just like it will be for Michigan when they get their *** kicked tomorrow. If Michigan wins, it proves Alabama didn't deserve to get in.

See what I did there. I did an @MacReady, where even if I'm wrong, I proved I'm right. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

@ThatJerkDave lol, but I'm sure you still think you are right. 

"I know things are changing. Things are going to change next year. You know what, there's gonna still be bowl games outside of those. People got to decide what they want and what they really want to get out of it, cause it's really unfortunate for those kids on that sideline that had to play in that game and didn't have their full arsenal. It affected the game, 100%."  

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

@ThatJerkDave lol, but I'm sure you still think you are right. 

"I know things are changing. Things are going to change next year. You know what, there's gonna still be bowl games outside of those. People got to decide what they want and what they really want to get out of it, cause it's really unfortunate for those kids on that sideline that had to play in that game and didn't have their full arsenal. It affected the game, 100%."  

Yes, I am right.  FSU didn't deserve to be in the playoff.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Poor Badgers.  I still don't understand how/why they were put in this game.  This could be similar to the FSU game without all of the opt-outs.

I'm with you but Mordechi came out slinging it. 

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

21-14 Badgers

Damn.  Mordecai is making himself some money today.  Where was this offense all year?

transfers into the program took more time to gel.  Mordecai injury stalled things further.