2023 College Football Thread

Norm

Two things can be true:

- It's messed up that you can win all your games in a major conference and be denied a chance at a championship.
- The playoff committee is picking title fights, not rewarding deserving teams, and they did a good job at that.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He's also going to be 24 by the time training camp starts, and his injury history is... concerning.

True dat. I've read some stuff about his knee...or is it knees? Not sure....so there's that - but, the guy's got a gun. The age thing doesnt bother me in the least. Qbs - the good ones - are playing well into their 30's now a days. 

• Like 1

The age thing depends on your timetable for a quarterback.  For the Jordan Love thing to work out, you kind of needed that guy to be 21 when you picked him.  If the Lions tried to run the same program with Hendon Hooker sitting behind Goff he's going to be 28 when you're handing him the reigns.  That makes a big difference.

If you're a team that's looking at a QB right now you make the same case for Penix that you did for Burrow, you're just arguing against medical not against "one year wonder"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The age thing depends on your timetable for a quarterback.  For the Jordan Love thing to work out, you kind of needed that guy to be 21 when you picked him.  If the Lions tried to run the same program with Hendon Hooker sitting behind Goff he's going to be 28 when you're handing him the reigns.  That makes a big difference.

If you're a team that's looking at a QB right now you make the same case for Penix that you did for Burrow, you're just arguing against medical not against "one year wonder"

It's more the norm now for the top college QBs to start soon after being drafted.....the Love/GB process is more the outlier. So, I'd imagine a team interested in starting him soon would be / could be interested in this guy. Again, he's got the arm for it. Now - is he any good with touch passes...reading coverages? I've no clue....havent seen enough of him.

Just saying - he's got the arm for the next level and throws a really nice ball.....plus, he moves pretty good. We're not looking a Joe Namath moving around.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If penix is ready to be a starter year 1/2 and ready to roll vs a developmental 1 that is 2-3 years away not sure the age matters. 

For QB, you are hoping he hits and then for 10-12 years.  The age cliff for QB is so much layer vs other positions that age at draft matters less imo.

52 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

that just seems like a hard name to find success with in the NFL to me

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I've only caught drips and drabs or it.....but this Penix guy? He's got a seriously live arm.
He's gonna make somebody very happy at the next level.

Nothing new to me.  I've seen every pass he's thrown for 2 years. Uncanny deep ball thrower.  Hard to evaluate because he's got 3 great WRs.  Very poised, and calm and able to make quick decisions on the fly.  We'll see what happens with him, but he's fun to watch.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Incredibly poor late game management by the Huskies, my goodness.  If they ran (or knelt) on third and goal, and knelt three times after the onside kick, the game is over and they won.

They can't do that, they need me to pull my hair out at the end of every game.  It's how they roll.O.o

Edited by NFLGURU