2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We sign Onwenu, then maybe, but man, I just think taking Nabers without a tackle is just preparing us to see Levis clobbered and injured again.  Sucks to maybe miss out on such a talent, but Levis can't throw to anyone with a broken ankle.

The way I see it, I'd rather have Alt/Mitchell than Nabers/Morgan as the two we get out of those rounds.  But, hopefully Nabers never gets to us so we don't have to make the decision.  Tackle is boring, but I think it's infinitely more important to the short and long term benefit of this team.

I also think Alt is pretty close to Nabers in terms of prospect quality, but I've been on Alt since 22.

no i agree, alt is a blue-chip prospect and you almost have to take him if he's there. i just really love nabers and honestly think he's as close to ja'marr chase as a prospect as we've seen. i'm a big fan of AD mitchell (funny enough i think tee higgins is a good comp for him) and alt + mitchell is def a dream offseason, but it's hard to say whether he'll fall to us in the second, and i'm far less convinced by the troy franklins and xavier legettes of the world.

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We sign Onwenu, then maybe, but man, I just think taking Nabers without a tackle is just preparing us to see Levis clobbered and injured again.  Sucks to maybe miss out on such a talent, but Levis can't throw to anyone with a broken ankle.

The way I see it, I'd rather have Alt/Mitchell than Nabers/Morgan as the two we get out of those rounds.  But, hopefully Nabers never gets to us so we don't have to make the decision.  Tackle is boring, but I think it's infinitely more important to the short and long term benefit of this team.

I also think Alt is pretty close to Nabers in terms of prospect quality, but I've been on Alt since 22.

The reason I'd be ok with a wr outside of my known feelings, is if we get Munchak or Callahan. 

Their knowledge will give me peace if they say they can make this 2nd round guy just as productive or comparable to this 1st round guy. 

If you get a Pro Bowl level instead of an All-Pro, I'd take it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

no i agree, alt is a blue-chip prospect and you almost have to take him if he's there. i just really love nabers and honestly think he's as close to ja'marr chase as a prospect as we've seen. i'm a big fan of AD mitchell (funny enough i think tee higgins is a good comp for him) and alt + mitchell is def a dream offseason, but it's hard to say whether he'll fall to us in the second, and i'm far less convinced by the troy franklins and xavier legettes of the world.

I do like me some Troy Franklin and Xavier Legette.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking a weapon TE there like Bell or Sanders if they're the best weapons available.  There's depth at WR.  Alt/Bell/Jalen McMillan wouldn't be an awful haul either.

I will say, if the Titans manage to get some mileage out of the OL in free agency, then it could be doable.  Hypothetically, let's say we get Omenwu at RT.  We move Brunskill to C where he has experience, and let's say spend our second pick on Cooper Beebe.  We'd now have a rock solid right side of the OL, a decent C, and what should be a good LG.  That line with a ****ty LT (the least bad of Radunz/NPF/Duncan) is not the worst thing in the world.  If LT is your only glaring weakness, and you have a weapon like Nabers, it can work.

38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That'd be great and all, but I would really hate to not spend that second pick on a weapon.

Im not saying we need to spend a second on one of those guys. Just being able to come out of the draft with 2 of those three. Trade up. Acquire another pick. Make it happen! But I agree with you.

I don't think we can afford to pass on a prospect like Alt at 7 if he's there. As much as I'd love to be able to go Nabers, I just don't think we can risk missing out on a top LT anymore. If Alt's there at 7 I'm turning in the pick ASAP. Don't overthink it. There will be playmaker WRs there for us in the second whether that be Franklin/Legette/Mitchell/Polk/etc. There's a good group of WRs this year, and we should take advantage of that depth.

I'm really starting to like Adonai Mitchell the more film I watch on him. Cerebral route runner, explosive, and great hands. I really see an alpha WR in him. He's my favorite for our pick in the second round right now. Plus, there's the added bonus that he played high school ball here in Antioch at Cane Ridge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I'm really starting to like Adonai Mitchell the more film I watch on him. Cerebral route runner, explosive, and great hands. I really see an alpha WR in him. He's my favorite for our pick in the second round right now. Plus, there's the added bonus that he played high school ball here in Antioch at Cane Ridge. 

Bring him home. Former student of mine. Good guy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Bring him home. Former student of mine. Good guy. 

damn, get KT to the combine! we gotta get AD in a room and tell him to flub all his other visits. do it for us

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

damn, get KT to the combine! we gotta get AD in a room and tell him to flub all his other visits. do it for us

I'd love for them to take AD. I know he'd love it. Of course every kid is to be in the NFL. But he was pretty good even then. 

Funny he is the 3rd guy I came across that is the in the NFL. 

Keshaun Vaughn RB in Tampa was a student of mine. Adonai.

And worked with the cousin of Jalen Ramsey. Met Ramsey running the hallways when he was in middle school. 

Non-NFL, Brandon Miller of the Hornets as also a student of mine. 

Cool stuff. 

My ideal draft, based on consensus rankings as they stand.  Assuming no falls of more than like 10 spots past where they're projected.

1 (7): Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
2 (38): Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
4 (106): Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
5 (144): Christian Jones, OG/OT, Texas
6 (183): Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee
7 (218): Theo Johnson, TE, Penn St
7 (242): Jaden Crumedy, DL, Mississippi St

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

My ideal draft, based on consensus rankings as they stand.  Assuming no falls of more than like 10 spots past where they're projected.

1 (7): Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
2 (38): Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
4 (106): Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon
5 (144): Christian Jones, OG/OT, Texas
6 (183): Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee
7 (218): Theo Johnson, TE, Penn St
7 (242): Jaden Crumedy, DL, Mississippi St

man, if the first two rounds look like that i don't much care what comes next lol. i fear mitchell will be a riser in the pre-draft process. with how fluid he is on the field for his size i suspect he'll test well