2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

100%.  This is such a good class for our needs that it really hurts not to have that third.

I think it really just depends on who's there for who we take at 38.  I really think if we don't go WR at 38, we pretty much have to at 106.  The class is so good, so deep, and we're looking at a 32 and 29 year old as our top two receivers.  Take a young guy now.

And every time I do one of the mock simulators, the best player available at 38 is almost always a receiver.  But in real life, someone like Johnny Newton, or Kool-Aid McKinstry, or whoever, could fall.  Or the run on receivers could start just a little early.

But honestly, for me, it's hard to see very many guys at positions of need falling to the degree that they make sense to take over receiver.  Especially at CB.  Titans are doing a lot of work on late Day 2/early Day 3 receivers.

I think it'd be a very good idea to trade down at some point and get more picks, so that could be the plan at 38, since it looks more and more like Alt will fall into our laps at 7.

Yeah the Mock Draft Simulators give me false hope on great late round availability of picks. lol

Also makes me want to just trade any picks from the middle of the 5th to 7th away, because I'm not confident in many of those picks even making the roster. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah the Mock Draft Simulators give me false hope on great late round availability of picks. lol

Also makes me want to just trade any picks from the middle of the 5th to 7th away, because I'm not confident in many of those picks even making the roster. 

Oh yeah, they're universally awful for specifics, but like, mock drafts are the same way.  Titans' big board is almost certainly way different than mine, but Keon Coleman, Troy Franklin, or Ladd McConkey being available at 38 seems really likely, and the only players at positions of need I have ahead of them that might even be close to available in that range are Kool-Aid McKinstry, Cooper DeJean, and Johnny Newton.  Kris Jenkins I have right around the same level, but I'm high on him, and Adisa Isaac and Mekhi Wingo fall into that category as well.

I could see the Titans maybe having a linebacker there, but that seems very high for anyone in this class to me.  I could see T'Vondre Sweat, but I'm lower on him, and Braden Fiske as well.  Maybe Nate Wiggins or Ennis Rakestraw or Kamari Lassiter are that high on the Titans' boards, but there is just a really big gap right where we're picking for the talent at positions of need outside of receiver.

I do like the depth of this draft as well.  Receivers and TEs in that range could make this roster.  A guy like Jha'Quan Jackson would be a good example, and I've seen even players like Jaheim Bell going in that range.  Linebacker talent is actually excellent in that range.  There's athletic guys like Tevin Wallace and Washington's LB, or guys like Jaylon Ford and Marist Liufau with some upside, especially vs like Jack Gibbens.  Even Edges like Jalyx Hunt and Xavier Thomas are available in that range on some mocks.

• Like 1

so....this may end up being a trenches draft lol. OL/DL are the glaring holes left. i'd take another WR and CB for sure, but we've got 2 plus starters at each of those positions now. which is wild.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

so....this may end up being a trenches draft lol. OL/DL are the glaring holes left. i'd take another WR and CB for sure, but we've got 2 plus starters at each of those positions now. which is wild.

LB too.

i’m leaning more and more towards trading back if we’re able to- either in the first or second round, or both! i think alt might be the only guy i’d sit at 7 for, but man, even then…rounds 1-3 in this draft are so strong for our needs, it makes a ton of sense to try to stack capital there and take as many shots as we can.

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think Dallas Turner is at play even if we stay at 7. 

I’ve honestly been thinking that.. I wouldn’t hate it cuz we definitely need edge help.

I also like that LB from Nc State Payton Wilson  I think that’s his name 

I’m fully in the Alt or trade back position for 7. And if we’re “stuck” at 7 we’ve kinda position ourselves where we can go BPA, whether that’s  one of the edge guys, one of WR if they fall or even Bowers.

As far as Alt goes, there may be growing pains early on but, I truly feel that he’s going to end up really good, maybe even All Pro caliber player especially under Callahan. He’s checked all the boxes during the season and this draft process, is young, is the son of a former All Pro LT and went to a school notorious for producing high level NFL OL talent. Seriously who was the last Notre Dame OL to bust? I really hope he’s there at 7.

Perfect scenario for me now is to get Alt at #7, Nix or Penix fall to us at #38 and we put the pick up for sale. We then trade down from #38 to #43 (Falcons, for #79 ), #44 (Raiders, for #77) or #47 (Giants, for #70), whomever misses out on a QB in round 1.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

Since my Rome Odunze dreams have been shattered I think I’m all in on Javon Baker now. My favorite WR outside of rd1

I don't think it's a lock we'd pass on Odunze. If the team views Alt and Odunze as equally great prospects, and likes the LT prospects for round 2 better than the WRs, then I could absolutely see us going with Odunze.