2024 Draft

Ftn49

39 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, my drafts currently are whatever guys I think are top ten caliber guys that randomness causes to fail (usually Fuaga, Latu, or Verse) followed by guys that I feel can be solid starters on the line year one (Byron Murphy, Latham, Braden Trice, Leonard Taylor). I definitely think Sweat is the caliber of player for that eval. Kris Jenkins is also intriguing as mostly a run defender inside. I just don’t like the guards that played tackle in college as much as most (Fautanu and Barton) and Mims makes me uncomfortable with the first round risk.

I just did one and I think I got some fun randomness going on: 

1) Jared Verse

2) T'Vondre Sweat

3) Kingsley Suamataia

4) Sedrick Van Pran

5) Jordan Travis (I know the ankle was gnarly and that may have long term consequences, but he's been my favorite mid round guy pretty much all year)

6) Luke McCaffrey (couldn't help it lol)

7) Kris Abrams-Draine

8- Rasheen Ali (He's not a full time RB at the next level, but I think he's got some good explosion / elusiveness)

9) Jared Wiley

10) Isaiah Davis (sort of the antithesis of Ali as a running back lol) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

As for the later round IOL dudes, I love Jackson Powers-Johnson if he makes it to the second. Mahogany has dominated at the Shrine Bowl (minus the hilarious meme play) to confirm his really good run blocking reps and solid pass pro for the season, Cooper Beebe has been an absolute stud as both a run and pass blocker for years at Kansas State. I like the depth.

JPJ Should be hiiiiiiiiiiiiigh on the list. I don't know how much we are looking at center compared to RG, not sure what they prefer, but I'd be in on that. 

I feel like they'd maybe rather develop a center...I don't know that they want to draft and put one into the offense to make calls at the line, so I'm interested there. That said, they haven't had any problem holding a pick for a year even in round 1 or 2 lol 

Beebe I have athleticism concerns on. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

JPJ Should be hiiiiiiiiiiiiigh on the list. I don't know how much we are looking at center compared to RG, not sure what they prefer, but I'd be in on that. 

I feel like they'd maybe rather develop a center...I don't know that they want to draft and put one into the offense to make calls at the line, so I'm interested there. That said, they haven't had any problem holding a pick for a year even in round 1 or 2 lol 

Beebe I have athleticism concerns on. 

JPJ I would start out at guard (literally anything over Burford/Feliciano) and then move to center after the year when Brendel's contract runs out. Yeah, I get that with Beebe. Same with Javon Foster, another guy who produced in college and can really zone block as a tackle, but just is physically limited. I just have more faith in the physically limited guys that dominated (McKivitz and Skule cannot be said to have dominated, lol) at the college level under this regime. More than anyone else, they seem to believe that you should master basic techniques on your on your own time so that they can get you to do complicated things on theirs. And I trust the guys that have their basics down.

Edited by JIllg

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I just did one and I think I got some fun randomness going on: 

1) Jared Verse

2) T'Vondre Sweat

3) Kingsley Suamataia

4) Sedrick Van Pran

5) Jordan Travis (I know the ankle was gnarly and that may have long term consequences, but he's been my favorite mid round guy pretty much all year)

6) Luke McCaffrey (couldn't help it lol)

7) Kris Abrams-Draine

8- Rasheen Ali (He's not a full time RB at the next level, but I think he's got some good explosion / elusiveness)

9) Jared Wiley

10) Isaiah Davis (sort of the antithesis of Ali as a running back lol) 

47 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

New Athletic mock has us selecting Suamataia at 32 (I like that part) and had 10 offensive lineman in the 1st round. 

I think I could like that...he seems to be better on the Right...

McConkey has been shredding DBs on the 1 v 1s 😲

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think I could like that...he seems to be better on the Right...

McConkey has been shredding DBs on the 1 v 1s 😲

For my fantasy football brethren who I'm in a league with... he's just a small white dude, never gonna make it.

For everyone else... dude is a dude.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Some surprising rankings in there to me. 

Call me crazy but i always like the earliest rankings the most because it usually shows more what that person actually thinks compared to what he has heard will happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Some surprising rankings in there to me. 

He has QBs higher than I've seen in other places. Anyone else in particular you are refering too?

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Call me crazy but i always like the earliest rankings the most because it usually shows more what that person actually thinks compared to what he has heard will happen.

My understanding is that's how DJ handles it. His mocks are based on what he's "hearing", and his rankings are based on what he sees on the field.