2024 Draft

Ftn49

Probably shouldn't go here but was it announced who took Adam Peters position? I'm a little worried about our performance late in the draft. But we haven't been all that special there either the last couple of years either so... 

Anyway still curious.

20 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I've heard that rumbled about for a couple of weeks to a month now.

He may very well be better in the NFL, sometimes we just never know, but I'll admit that this has a "I'm the smartest guy in the room" vibe to it. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Forge said:

He may very well be better in the NFL, sometimes we just never know, but I'll admit that this has a "I'm the smartest guy in the room" vibe to it. 

I can't remember if the first time was on a prospects to pros of the athletic or not, I believe Brugler mentioned that he still had Harrison as #1 but had heard and understood people had Nabers higher. I swear I've heard it other places too but was the one that came to mind at first.

Edit: And I believe Mays MAY have had Nabers at 1, but I wont swear to it.

Edited by Ftn49

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm not sure. I really like Nabers. His change of direction is unreal and he hits top speed quickly. He's a threat to house anything from anywhere all of the time. But I did catch some things on film that I didn't like so much. Half give ups on routes. Miscommunications. Occasionally unimpressive effort. And he's slighter than folks think. There could be some physicality issues (if anyone can actually lay hands on him). 

In other drafts, Nabers would be the clear #1 guy. And he might have the most dangerous sets of tools. But I only saw really good things on tape from Odunze and MH2 in terms of being where they were supposed to be with intention. Neither can move like Nabers can, but I trust them more, personally. And I know that Odunze spent all of the last offseason on rebounding drills to improve his jump ball ability. And he turned from a JIllg YAC favorite with some holes in his game expected to go at the bottom of the first round to the most consistent vertical threat in college ball that came down with every contested catch over the course of one year. To the point that the new (significantly less good) PFF draft folks said that YAC wasn't even a good part of Odunze's game. I think that folks will appreciate that level of professionalism (ditto for MH2, obvs). But it's going to be a preference thing.

2 hours ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, I'm not sure. I really like Nabers. His change of direction is unreal and he hits top speed quickly. He's a threat to house anything from anywhere all of the time. But I did catch some things on film that I didn't like so much. Half give ups on routes. Miscommunications. Occasionally unimpressive effort. And he's slighter than folks think. There could be some physicality issues (if anyone can actually lay hands on him). 

In other drafts, Nabers would be the clear #1 guy. And he might have the most dangerous sets of tools. But I only saw really good things on tape from Odunze and MH2 in terms of being where they were supposed to be with intention. Neither can move like Nabers can, but I trust them more, personally. And I know that Odunze spent all of the last offseason on rebounding drills to improve his jump ball ability. And he turned from a JIllg YAC favorite with some holes in his game expected to go at the bottom of the first round to the most consistent vertical threat in college ball that came down with every contested catch over the course of one year. To the point that the new (significantly less good) PFF draft folks said that YAC wasn't even a good part of Odunze's game. I think that folks will appreciate that level of professionalism (ditto for MH2, obvs). But it's going to be a preference thing.

Just curious, seems like you have A LOT of draft knowledge. Who are your receiver/te’s that you could see us drafting that fits what we do? I personally like the following - 

Adonai Mitchell - but I don’t think I wanna use our first on a receiver esp if we keep Aiyuk

Xavier Legette 
Malachi Corley 

Malik Washington

Some later round guys that I’ve seen Steve Smith Sr talk about I like too - 

Jalen Coker - route runner/physical

Javon Baker - route runner/good hands

Ainias Smith - returner/slot guy 

Joshua Cephus 

Haven't watched much of any TE prospects but I know you mentioned Sinnott. 

I don't know if @J-ALL-DAY has jedi mind tricked me, or if its all the rumors and innuendo that we are shopping receivers, but I'm suddenly very certain that receiver is in play at 31 lol 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know if @J-ALL-DAY has jedi mind tricked me, or if its all the rumors and innuendo that we are shopping receivers, but I'm suddenly very certain that receiver is in play at 31 lol 

I don't buy that we are actively shopping Aiyuk or Deebo but the FO will always listen to every offer. Either way, Deebo is likely on his last year with the team and Kyle sees an aging group of weapons. He's going to want another WR, even if Aiyuk gets his extension. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't buy that we are actively shopping Aiyuk or Deebo but the FO will always listen to every offer. Either way, Deebo is likely on his last year with the team and Kyle sees an aging group of weapons. He's going to want another WR, even if Aiyuk gets his extension. 

I dunno man, Pretty Rickey was on his s*** lol. 

I would be shocked because I think that's a big change in a super bowl window, but he was right enough to make me think that Deebo being mentioned in some trade talks has legs. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I dunno man, Pretty Rickey was on his s*** lol. 

I would be shocked because I think that's a big change in a super bowl window, but he was right enough to make me think that Deebo being mentioned in some trade talks has legs. 

I mean they could have checked his value but this team is still largely all in for 2024. It will be after next season when Deebo becomes available. 

Just keep remembering the name Ladd McConkey! 

• Like 2

Kiper has OT Roger Rosengarten mocked to us at the end of the first round. He's super young and raw but that's an intriguing pick. I rather trade down some and take him in the 2nd round but I see the logic. Not all that different from taking someone like Mims. 

Morgan is getting disrespected it seems for some reason. He's a day one plug and play type of guy that can play both tackle and guard. He's a safer choice than Rosengarten. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they could have checked his value but this team is still largely all in for 2024. It will be after next season when Deebo becomes available. 

Just keep remembering the name Ladd McConkey! 

Roman Wilson is a guy I love.. knows how to find the holes and get open, can separate with the best of them.. smaller guy but plays bigger

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-3-0

DJ gives us Chop Robinson with Jordan Morgan still on the board. I'm leaning towards OL not going to be in play in R1.

My prediction is still that we will trade up about 10 picks or so an take a OT. It wasn't the only thing that cost us the superbowl but it was one of the main reasons imo and Kyle and John surely saw that too. They tend to take big swings at problem areas. See Trey Lance.